[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you'll never read Infinite Jest for the first time again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1501002460956.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1501002460956.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>you'll never read Infinite Jest for the first time again
>>
>>9820147
So far it's dude weed lmao the book
When does it get good I'm 250 pages in
>>
File: 1494722752847.png (259KB, 358x339px) Image search: [Google]
1494722752847.png
259KB, 358x339px
>you'll never read Infinite Jest for the first time
>>
>>9820147
I haven't read IJ yet. Been shitposting on /lit/ for a year at least, never picked it up because it's a meme. Is it actually decent?

Damn I think I have to pick it up. Sounds like it might have some effervescent single-shot gimmicks.
>>
>>9820161
Dude just keep on reading, you won't regret, I swear.
>>
>>9820176
It's good, but it's not the greatest novel of all time. Don't let the memes stop you from reading it.
>>
>>9820147
Joke's on you, faggot, I haven't read it yet.
>>
>>9820176
/lit/ has gone from declaring it one of the best books of all time which only pseuds don't read to delcaring it utter trash which was written to impress pseuds.

I would take their opinions on it with a serious grain of salt. Seems like a decent pick if you want something contemporary with a bit of depth and don't mind you can read several stories in the time it takes to read IJ.
>>
>>9820373

>/lit/ has gone from declaring it one of the best books of all time which only pseuds don't read to delcaring it utter trash which was written to impress pseuds.

both waves were comprised of young teens and 20somethings talking endless shit just for the sake of it. who even cares what /lit/ thinks..
>>
requesting that IJ greentext story
>>
>>9820176
It's legitimately good and everyone who talks shit on it either hasn't read it (and it's obvious every time) or is shitposting. It might not be the greatest of all time, but it's one of my very favorites due to its subject matter and how i relate to it. Give it a shot, Wallace is certainly a talented writer. It's a meme for a reason.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.