[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything I should read before Stirner or can you just dive into it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: folded-over-a-thousand-times.jpg (62KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
folded-over-a-thousand-times.jpg
62KB, 450x532px
Anything I should read before Stirner or can you just dive into it?
>>
Dive into it. Its mostly a rebuttal of things that came before anyway.
>>
>>9819487
Read ego and its own. Then read the newer translation the unique and its property. I would also recommend reading Marx's critiques of Stirner if you're interested.
https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1845/german-ideology/ch03d.htm
>>
>>9819533
>I would also recommend reading Marx
Opinion discarded
>>
>>9819533
why read the same book twice? Just read the new translation.
>>
>>9819542
please just die ok, dude made a good post and you're being an idiot /pol/tard.
>>
>>9819533
I love how he calls him "saint max"
>>
I've never been a guy that loves read philosophy, but I'd like to read Stirner, can I start reading Ego and Its Own?
>>
>>9819533
Wait... marx and stirner aren't the same person?
I thought his name was marx stirner and people used the names interchangeably. WTF mind blown
>>
>>9819533
marx's critique is the biggest waste of paper I have ever seen, he clearly never read the book or wilfully misinterpreted it.

>>9820576
yes
>>
>>9819487
Hegel, honestly.
>>
>>9821077
as long as you have a rudimentary understanding of the dialectic you won't miss anything major
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 555x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 555x400px
>>9819533
Who the fuck would read Marx's critique on Stirner? I have nothing against Marx as a great intellectual, but The German Ideology is a fucking embarrassment of an argument, and it is perhaps the only time I've ever wanted to devolve into Molyneux posting. It is a text more at home in a /lit/ archive than a respected thinker's bibliography, since it is quite literally nothing but ad hominem, straw manning, etc., one after another. Seeing Marx in this triggered state lowered my opinion of him as a person substantially because I've never seen a philosopher succumb to a high school mentality, and I believe that had Marx published The German Ideology during his lifetime, he would have been thoroughly discredited among most of the Young Hegelians as being a bratty, snarky cunt. I would have been ashamed to write hundreds of pages of bullshit like that, and I wonder why he didn't burn it after his much-needed venting session.

On a second thought, read The German Ideology after reading The Ego and Its Own if you want to understand just how powerful Max Stirner's critique is. It triggers even the most famous intellectual juggernauts, who devolve into snotty activist-like behavior to try to smother it out of existence. I don't think there's quite another endorsement for a book than that.
>>
>>>blinkstrikes behind you
>>
>>9819487
D I V E

but read stuff after him. He's a stepping stone, not the end of the line.
>>
File: halal.jpg (80KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
halal.jpg
80KB, 640x539px
>>9823155
>>
>>9823488
What comes next?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 600x764px
>>9819566
>why read the same book twice
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.