[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /lit/ I have a favor to ask. My parents are currently going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 30659.jpg (95KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
30659.jpg
95KB, 309x475px
Sup /lit/

I have a favor to ask. My parents are currently going through a divorce. While my mother is already moving on and starting to go out with other men, my father is becoming more and more depressed as the days go on. What books can I give him that will help him see through this part of his life? I can't stand to see him like this anymore, it really hurts. I was thinking of pic related. Thoughts?

Please help
>>
Yes going to think you are a faggot. Find him a woman half the age of your mom to fuck.
>>
You can try to become a non-failure of a son, I'm sure it will help him.
>>
>>9818571
Take him out to the firing range and then grab some beers and watch some football you stupid faggot. He needs purpose and love and his son is certainly capable of filling those needs since you're mother is a whore you dumb fuck. He doesn't want to read a fucking book and get intellectual when he's feeling down, not teenager/YA down, but really down

And I say this as meditations is my favorite book btw
>>
Realise you have no control over your family members nor their fates, opinions or behaviour, and that it is your assigning the quality of good to the externals (in this case your parents) which caused you to feel distress when the world went the way you did not want it. You should have always had in mind that this divorce was a possibility, so that you could have meditated upon it and prepared yourself for it and not allowed it to cause you problems. But guess what?! Despair not! For Zeus has given you a portion of himself, the greatest weapon a man can posses: the faculty of reason, which enables all men to see where they are in the wrong and correct themselves by applying themselves to virtues and honourable life! Do not worry, you will not achieve this overnight (for neither does a grape ripen so fast, and expecting a human soul to do the same would be madness!); but deciding you have to change and constantly striving towards that goal of virtuous life is a good start.

t. Epictetus
>>
meditations is so wack, read some shit that's good instead
>>
>>9818673
Also, to add to this, slave: bring your father to me and I will help him; for you have no control over him beyond urging him to see me.
>>
>>9818571
Is it possible that women don't feel emotions like men do?

They initiate over 3/4 of all divorces.
>>
>>9818690
>They initiate over 3/4 of all divorces.

why wouldn't they? they have nothing to lose and everything to gain
>>
>>9818571
>While my mother is already moving on and starting to go out with other men, my father is becoming more and more depressed as the days go on

kek this is every couple

my ex was dating some new guy within 2 weeks. she probably had him lined up before we broke up

Tell your dad is normal
>>
>>9818579
>>9818622
>>9818681
>>9818690
>>9818696

Holy shit thanks for the responses but can we focus on my question? What books would be good for him? Listen, I've had some pretty shitty times in my life and books have helped me through them tremedously.
>>
>>9818571
>What books can I give him that will help him see through this part of his life?

Throwing meme books at him won't help. Just be a good son and support him and be there for him, not on 4chan.
>>
>>9818877
See >>9818673 and see what the last line says.

>t. Epictetus

That means Epictetus is good. Get the OWC edition with fragments, discourses and Enchiridion and give it to him.
>>
>>9818877
>What books would be good for him?
Whatever he likes to read. I read Sun Also Rises when I'm depressed. My friend always reads beat poetry. To each there own.

but >>9818892 is right. You're mission isn't to give him some fucking books. You're his kid. Ask him how he's doing. Lets him talk about what he needs to talk about. I went through the same thing with my pops. It's really uncomfortable to see your dad talk about how sad he is, but you better just grit your teeth and watch that old fuck cry because thats the dude who did the same x100 for you AND he touched your shit on a regular basis.

Talk to him, let him know his flesh n blood cares about him and wants him to feel better. Tell him you're there to talk to and to vent at.

>>9818690
Men and women care about different things. After a certain point, if nobody is communicating what their emotional priorities are and nobody is making attempts to reconcile those differences shit breaks down. I think women just notice it faster on average. Sometimes you dump, sometimes you get dumped. When I've dumped it's because I realized it wasn't working and we'd both stop being happy eventually. When I've been dumped it takes a bit but i realize pretty much the same thing: it wasn't good relationship.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.