[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is derrida a very poor man's wittgenstein?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 374629378629347.jpg (27KB, 405x563px) Image search: [Google]
374629378629347.jpg
27KB, 405x563px
>>
WIttgenstein is a poor man's Russell.
>>
File: donald-trump-wrong-meme-debate.jpg (12KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-wrong-meme-debate.jpg
12KB, 344x344px
>>9818214
>>
Yes, very.

>>9818214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFXWKEc84ew
>>
File: jacques-derrida.jpg (14KB, 293x300px) Image search: [Google]
jacques-derrida.jpg
14KB, 293x300px
>be derrida
>admire heidegger, who supported the nazis
>admire levinas, who survived the nazis
>wat do
>contemplate how it is nazis come to appear in the first place i guess
>be unsure how to prevent it from happening again
>commence virtually infinite backwards motion from smoldering & infinitely apocalyptic crater of eschaton where Sign met Reality & shit did not turn out so well
>be accused of being a sophist/heretic/renegade/charlatan by plebs
>inspire hordes of facile acolyte dipshits
>see this coming a mile away
>contemplate hauntology
>exit stage left

the day when the redpilled right realizes that all of the things foucault & derrida are presently being blamed for can be used as devastating counterweapons v/Cathedral hegemony will be a hell of a thing.
>good thing that will never happen b/c the world will probably end before that
>>
>>9818248
no shit
>>
>>9818248
>all of the things foucault & derrida are presently being blamed for can be used as devastating counterweapons v/Cathedral hegemony
*desire to know more intensifies*
>>
>>9818248
>be derrida
>admire heidegger, who supported the nazis
>admire levinas, who survived the nazis
>wat do
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_Morality_and_the_Law

>>9818333
It's mostly about Derrida, really:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSuEccEYvaE
>>
File: michel-foucault-472672.jpg (123KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
michel-foucault-472672.jpg
123KB, 640x852px
>>9818256
>no shit
no shit

>>9818333
discipline and punishment cuts *both* ways. no one is safe from deplatforming today. not even sam harris. there's no reason to believe that if foucault returned from the dead like Jesus Christ meeting the Grand Inquisitor he wouldn't be told that the universities had already made a pact with the devil and as such he would have to preach his evangel elsewhere. because w/in societies of control, everything is always-already under control. and it always will be. b/c it will exist in a permanent state of retcon. don't want anyone to get triggered, you know.
>what a fucking world

Pete Seeger: Which Side Are You On
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XEnTxlBuGo
>which side are you on boy, which side are you on

foucault was an agent of chaos. but *what* a fucking agent. that's how it is with god-tier metaphysicians & critics.

>>9818418
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_Morality_and_the_Law

not my bag. fucked up may '68 and after french shit. the world's least pleasant or edifying conversation to my mind. pass.

weird sex shit: not my thing.
metacogntitive hijinx & prying the fingers of homo mimeticus away from his own throat in the age of late capital & apocalypse: my thing.

>tfw you were told to take a chill pill & this was good advice. now you shall take it & do something more productive w/your day than being a ridiculous memelord
>roger that. /lit/: neither soapbox & nor blog. just interesting
>>
>>9818214
What? You could maybe say this for very early Wittgenstein but otherwise they're nothing alike. This is what happens when you only read wiki articles.
>>
>>9818248
> derrida
> admire levinas

Not genuinely. Derrida is thoroughly Heideggerian and critiques Levinas from his Heideggerian perspective.

>>9818212
Because Wittgenstein and Heidegger were saying the same things. They both come out of Kierkegaard. Only Wittgenstein was an analytic and Heidegger was a Luther larping phenomenologist.
>>
>>9819097
>Not genuinely. Derrida is thoroughly Heideggerian and critiques Levinas from his Heideggerian perspective.
really? i have always and unironically believed that it was exactly the other way around tbqh. have had more than one close-to-tempers-flaring argument w/my guy the derrida scholar over this. he prefers derrida & levinas, i prefer heidegger.
>the reason for the arguments: i am usually potato-levels of stupid about these things

hmm. still interesting tho. time for a review, maybe.
>>
>>9818212

Or was Wittgenstein just a rich man''s derrida... make u think hm
>>
>>9819390
le duckrabbit
>>
>>9818248

The majority of the "redpilled right" has no where near intellectual capacity to engage with Derrida on a meaningful level, and Foucalt was way too critical of the traditional notions of sexuality/gender/morality that the right cling too for them to in to.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.