[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to rank the personalities of the characters of Infinite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 81KBldResmL.jpg (499KB, 1653x2560px) Image search: [Google]
81KBldResmL.jpg
499KB, 1653x2560px
Time to rank the personalities of the characters of Infinite Jest (not how well they are written, just their personalities and how interesting they are)

ELDER GOD TIER
Remy

GOD TIER
Gately
James Incandenza
Lyle

GREAT TIER
Steeply
Orin
Mario
Darkness
Poor Tony
Madame Psychosis
Bain
Clipperton
Gentle

GOOD TIER
Avril
Pemulis
No relation
Lateral Alice Moore

CAULFIELD TIER
Hal

Rank characters from other books too
>>
>>9818188
>ranking characters
The red place is down the hall to the left
>>
>>9818188
>liking Maranthe more than Steeply and Pemulis in good
i shiggy diggy
>>
>>9818188
Peemster oughta be at least in Great Tier just for his endnote on Eschaton
>>
>>9818492
Marathe reminiscing his wife > Steeply's father hooked on MASH
>>
C'mon man Pemulis deservers a higher rank.

I just finished the book, was an amazing reading. I read in PT-BR and I already started the English version, I will read slowly as I read other things but I can't help but stay in this universe.

One question.

What did Hal mean with the infantophile thing?

I know about all his issues but this still felt out of place for me.
>>
>>9819480

Are you talking about his 1st chapter paralysis or his love of motherly coddling?
>>
>>9819484
The first chapter.

Are you implying that his love of motherly coddling has to do with him becoming an infantophile?
>>
>>9819484
>tfw too old to be coddled by mommy

I've entertained the idea of hiring a prostitute to be my mommy for a night
>>
i found nobody more interesting than Hal. I love his self-awareness and all conversations including him are interesting.
>>
File: 1458004379975.png (180KB, 425x314px) Image search: [Google]
1458004379975.png
180KB, 425x314px
>>9819480
>just finished the book and doesn't know pemulis was its antichrist yet
>>
>>9819694
Why do you say that?

Because he was the one that introduced drugs to hal?
>>
Honestly, Pemulis, Mario and Gately are the only reason to read the book. Orin and Lenz are great too.
>>
>>9819683
>he thinks Holden Caulfield 2.0 is the most interesting character in a book with the tranny cop

The fuck is wrong with you? Are you an edgy stoner too?
>>
>>9820284
Don't you like James Icandenza?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.