[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that there is a new Stirner translation, which one is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: stirner_furfag.png (102KB, 460x520px) Image search: [Google]
stirner_furfag.png
102KB, 460x520px
So now that there is a new Stirner translation, which one is better? The big drawback of the new one is obviously the replacement of the word spook, but is there more content in the new one?
>>
>>9817245
if youre going to read it once, id say go with the original translation, it's more fun. the new one is a tiny bit clearer (especially if you were to read the first one with a misunderstanding of how stirner uses the word "ego"), but it's less exciting. if you liked the first one, then you could read the wolfi one.

i initially thought wolfi had written the intro to stirner's critics which is great, so i had been excited. after reading the new translation i was surprised that the translator had been able to write that intro, so i looked it up and he hadn't. wolfi seems a bit more concerned with stirner as a traditional 'egoist' and anarchist then i think is merited by the actual book
>>
phantasm > spook
>>
Which is the "original" translation?
>>
>>9817258
*disclaimer: i havent read it in german, so maybe best for someone who has to answer in terms of stirner's intent, but i just mean in terms of what a reader would get out of it.

if someone has read in the original german, would also like to hear their takes on nietzsche translations
>>
>>9817265
>original
spooky
>>
File: ER_STRAFE_ES.jpg (145KB, 513x567px) Image search: [Google]
ER_STRAFE_ES.jpg
145KB, 513x567px
>>9817245
>er liest Stirner nicht im ursprünglichen Deutsch
lmao auf dein Leben
>>
New:

From the moment that he sees the world’s light, a human being tries extract himself from its confusion, in which he also is tossed about along with everything else, and find himself.

But everything that comes in contact with the child also defends itself against these encroachments and maintains its own existence.

Consequently, since each one holds to itself and at the same time continually comes into collision with others, the battle for self-assertion is unavoidable.

Victory or Defeat—the fortune of the battle wavers between the two alternatives. The victor becomes the lord, the defeated one, the subject: the former exercises supremacy and the “rights of supremacy,” and the latter carries out the “duties of the subject” with awe and respect.

But the two remain enemies and always lie in ambush: they lie in wait for each other’s weaknesses, the child for those of her parents, parents for those of their child (e.g., fear), either the stick vanquishes the human being or the human being vanquishes the stick.
>>
>>9817294
Old:

From the moment when he catches sight of the light of the world a man seeks to find out himself and get hold of himself out of its confusion, in which he, with everything else, is tossed about in motley mixture.

But everything that comes in contact with the child defends itself in turn against his attacks, and asserts its own persistence.

Accordingly, because each thing cares for itself and at the same time comes into constant collision with other things, the combat of self-assertion is unavoidable.

Victory or defeat - between the two alternatives the fate of the combat wavers. The victor becomes the lord, the vanquished one the subject: the former exercises supremacy and "rights of supremacy," the latter fulfils in awe and deference the "duties of a subject."

But both remain enemies, and always lie in wait: they watch for each other's weaknesses - children for those of their parents and parents for those of their children (their fear, for example); either the stick conquers the man, or the man conquers the stick.
>>
>>9817291
Er strafe es!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.