[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he worth reading? People say you have to see the plays instead.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: arab.jpg (296KB, 1200x1537px) Image search: [Google]
arab.jpg
296KB, 1200x1537px
Is he worth reading?

People say you have to see the plays instead.
>>
>>9815109
It doesn't hurt at all to read him before watching the plays live.
>>
>>9815109
I definitely disagree but that's maybe just my inability to comprehend him immediately speaking for itself. I feel like something like Hamlet for example has to be read slowly first so you can understand every line. After you do that twice or so watching it you'll understand everything they're saying, which is a cool experience to work towards. I remember being convinced Shakespeare wasnt for me when I couldn't follow Hamlet live at all. Only when I invested hours into understanding it did I truly realize the greatness of Shakespeare.
>>
>>9815109
I don't really see why reading Shakespeare's plays is mutually exclusive with seeing them on stage. In fact, I think that both activities should go hand in hand. If you just read the plays, unless your imagination is that fucking wild and vivid, you'll miss many details that the play on stage provides; if you just watch the play on stage, many details that the slow, careful reading of the lines rush by without you even noticing them.
What I do, if it has any value for someone else, is to read the play I'm interested on, then watch the play (the Globe on Stage productions are really good), and then I read the play again.
>>
>>9815109

If you're completely unfamiliar, read one play carefully to get a sense of the language. Then watch every other, you pick it up. Also: read the synopsis beforehand, it doesn't hurt the experience.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.