[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Political philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2922.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2922.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Got mildly interested in political philosophy. Read Schmitt and going to read Hart. What else would you recommend (I have a decent background in philosophy in general)

inb4 The Republic
>>
>>9813663
Hitler's Mein Kampf
McDonald's Culture of Critique Series
Gulag Archipelago
Anything by Jordan Peterson
Protocols of the Elders of Zion
The Prince
The Bell Curve
>>
>>9813671
Of all of these, only actually read The Prince

My suggestions would be to pick up Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau. Good enough starting point for highschoolers, good enough starting point for you.

Also consider Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals if you want to be swiftly brought into the camp of hating the progressive left, for reasons beyond alt-right memery. Because goddamn.
>>
>>9813689
>No more; and by a sleep to say we end
My suggestion is that you take the redpill, cuck
>>
>>9813671
I'm not trying to redpill myself mate. I just want to read serious academic works. Fucking hell, trust me Schmitt is more of a red pill than disgusting nazi propaganda of mein kampf
>>
leo strauss
rousseau
agamben
schmitt
aristotle
>>
>>9813671
go back to /pol/ with your shitlist
>>
>>
>>9814777
this is a good list
>>
>>9813663

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.

/thread
>>
>>9815913
t. burger
>>
>>9800917
>>
>>9813671
Obvious bait
>>
You could read psychology and books like the dictators handbook instead
>>
>>9813663
https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/political-science/17-03-introduction-to-political-thought-spring-2004/

yeah this is a pretty good list desu
>>
Plato's Republic and Crito
Aristotle's Politics
Cicero's On the Commonwealth and On the Laws
Machiavelli's The Prince
Hobbes's Leviathan
Locke's Second Treatise of Government
>>
>>9813671
cringe
>>
>>9813663
With the exception of Classics

Schnur and Koselleck. They were continuers of Schmitt.
Maybe Meinecke or Croce.
>>
>>9817217
Yes you are pretty cringe. Thanks for sharing that with us.
>>
>>9814802
Not an argument.
>>
>>9817249
Interesting choices. Care to elaborate?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.