[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever skip chapters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1499030364367.jpg (40KB, 397x554px) Image search: [Google]
1499030364367.jpg
40KB, 397x554px
Like, if you know they aren't necessary to the rest of the book?

I've been skipping the random whale facts chapters in Moby Dick, fuck that shit.
>>
I wouldn't know they were unneccesary until I read them, and even then the author put them there for a reason. Absolutely not.
>>
>>9813223
I never skip chapters.

And you're a dumb cunt, OP. Those chapters are immensely significant in establishing the context and theme of the next narrative-based chapter, as well as offering beautiful scripture-like prose. It's like you fucking hate reading you cunt, I would smack you through my monitor if I could

My piss is boiling so hard that my dick is a fuckin kettle now motherfuckerrrr I'm genuinely mad
>>
>>9813223
> people actually do this on /lit/

I could imagine people would do this on Reddit or Tumblr due to lack of attention span, but I genuinely expected better from people on /lit/.

Maybe after Summer this place will improve.
>>
>>9813223
>aren't necessary
What did he mean by this?
If they weren't necessary they wouldn't be there.
>>
Fuckers acting like they've never read a completely forgettable chapter or two
>>
>>9813223
> random whale facts in Moby Dick
> implying these aren't the most significant and important chapters in the book

OP are you just retarded or are you playing retarded
>>
>OP makes bait thread with obvious troll anime girl face
>cancer anons know exactly that it's bait but pretend to take it serious anyways because they can't resist larping

yet another successful day of autism on lit
>>
>>9813267
>>9813274
> OP literally screeches "i-i-i was o-only f-foolin, guys! I'm not retarded!"
>>
>>9813223
People do that work for you in abridged editions. Abridging is terrible though.
>>
the books literally named after a whale, you think skipping all the bits about whales is actually doing you a favor?
>>
>>9813279

Yeah haha you really got OP man haha hey want to do another scenario next thread this time you be the bad guy and I get you this time ok?
>>
>>9813289
no, next thread you're not invited, delete yourself
>>
>>9813297
>being this much of an unbearable faggot
>>
>posts Chinese cartoon schoolkid pics
>skips chapters in books, including moby dick

i don't know what i expected
>>
>>9813223
I really try not to, there are only 3 books that I skipped around in. "The Demon Cycle Series by Peter V. Brett" is one of them
>>
>>9813312
> being such a disappointment to both his dads that he skips chapters

Fuck off
>>
I prefer to just skip whole books.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.