[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this book. What is /lit/ opinion on "It"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Just finished this book.

What is /lit/ opinion on "It"?
>>
My aunt gave it to me when I was 12, good stuff
>>
It's good. They could have cut about 200 pages out of it easily, but good.
>>
OP here: The new trailer have just arrived tho
>>
>>9813003
The gangbang scene was unnecessary, also the 4th interlude
>>
>>9812942
i's a meme book, taylor made for reddit
>>
The Mike Hanlon interludes were better than the main story.
I loved young Beverly's nude scenes.
>>
>>9813032
Who's Taylor?
>>
>>9812942
Shit
>>
>>9812942
as a fan of King, I gotta say he has this thing he does with novels, especially longer ones.
He makes this cool set-up and this cool premise, and some genuinely interesting characters and puts them in these scenarios that are cool and memorable, but then he realizes about 700 pages in that the story actually has to go somewhere and he can't write forever, so he ballses it up in a way that leaves you disappointed.
It and The Stand are probably the best examples of this, and honestly the only reason I really like either of those books is because I remember all the cool parts before the end more than the disappointing end itself.

Supposedly he was doing cocaine like a madman and drinking tons of booze when he wrote all this though, and when you consider that it's actually pretty decent.

tldr It is a great example of how King always fucks up the long game

just my opinion though
>>
>>9814706
I'm not so sure about It, but The Stand is a spectacular example of this. The setup of Captain Trips rampage is some of the most memorable writing imo, especially the live broadcast of the gunfight in the studio.
>>
>>9814773
>that entire chapter dedicated to people who didn't die from capn trips but got fucked one way or the other anyway
>trashy running around burning random towns to cinders for half the book
>Lloyd in the prison
Stu meeting Glen was pretty cool too from what I remember

desu I read It like twice years ago, and the Stand I reread at least once a year so I know the latter a lot better than the former
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.