[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I really get an e-reader?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 41AanQY6xKL.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41AanQY6xKL.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
I know this has been asked tons of times, but I want to know whether it's worth or not. I've been reading on a Lenovo tablet with play books for a month now, then a friend suggested that I get an e-reader for eyestrain and such. Is it really so much better than the tablets?
https://youtu.be/d3KUmqoxEs0?t=2m14s here the paperwhite just looks like a normal tablet.
Is the conversion from epub to mobi smooth (no format problems as in when converting from pdf to epub) as I will be downloading my books as epubs most if not all of the time.
>>
Why not insert your penis into your anus and fill it up with urine like a water balloon
>>
i recommend going blind and switching to braille. if you're having trouble going bind i've found it pretty easy to use an icepick
>>
Hey Anon, I have experience reading on both a Lenovo yoga tablet/laptop and a Kindle. If you're reading PDFs, your tablet will be much better suited to reading them. Reading PDFs on a Kindle is a pain in the ass. On the other hand, the e-ink screen of a Kindle does feel more similar to reading a book printed on paper. Supposedly, converting from epub can cause some formatting issues, but I usually have luck finding what I want in the .mobi format already. From personal experience, I never felt eye strain reading on my yoga, and I'd spend long stretches of time reading dense literary theory on it, but at the same time, I'd never want to read a novel for fun on it. Reading novels on a Kindle is much more relaxing, but in theory it might be easier for you to zone out and remember less details than if it were a real book because the pages don't occupy physical space.
>>
>>9811882
It is better. Reading an Ipad for 4 hours would make me fall on my face, and the batteries would run out.

This is not the case with e-ink
>>
>>9811889
>>9811906
kek

we should really have a /ereader/ general with some basic info in the sticky
YES it's way nicer to read on an e-reader then on a tablet, also no blue light so it doesn't mess with your sleep (but maybe that's just a meme)
NO it's not ideal for PDF, but there are programs to cut your PDF's to fit your ereader screen
YES you can convert epub to mobi with calibre
get a paperwhite or a kobo, you won't regret it
>>
File: goldenratio.jpg (52KB, 600x237px) Image search: [Google]
goldenratio.jpg
52KB, 600x237px
Bro I always hated reading on tablet and spent good money on books, I was skeptical of e-readers but I bought a kindle and is bretty good, I don't get tired of reading and I don't spent one money on books. I'm gonna read it all on this bitch.
>>
I am still using my Kindle I bought in 2012. Without it I would have read very little over these years.

The screen is very nice, eink is just like paper. You can find all your books for free online, I haven't spent a dime on books for my kindle and I have hundreds on it. It's also nice being able to read controversial books like "Gas The Kikes Race War Now" in public without dirty looks from Jews.

Get a paperwhite or a Kobo OP, you won't regret it.
>>
>>9812309
I feel like the letters look pixelated. I had really good vision so maybe most people don't notice, but the letters look really grainy. Could it be that I have marked some setting I shouldn't have, or is that normal?
>>
>>9811882
yes. it's worth it. very much worth it.
>>
>>9812323
That's called "ghosting" and all e-ink screens have it. The newer models of kindles and other e-readers have higher resolution screens than my 2012 model which help a lot. There is also a setting to change the refresh rate after 5 or so pages, or do it on every page. If you refresh the page after every page turn you won't run into any ghosting problems, although the ghosting isn't that annoying desu.
>>
>Should I really get an e-reader?
Yes, IMO.

>I want to know whether it's worth or not
By pirating books online you'll save tons of cash, that's for sure. Kindle actually reads like paper, and doesn't hurt your sight like a tablet or PC does over time.

>Is the conversion from epub to mobi smooth
Yes. Pdf to mobi is 50/50, sometimes it works out very nice and sometimes it doesn't. Scanned pdf books, for instance, will be total shit.

I bought my Kindle about a month ago, and I believe it is one of the best stuff I ever bought.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.