[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What effect will transhumanism have on religion? Will people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12

File: transhumanism.jpg (80KB, 1200x665px) Image search: [Google]
transhumanism.jpg
80KB, 1200x665px
What effect will transhumanism have on religion? Will people still be religious if technology enables immortality?
>>
>>9811819
Any proof of transhumanisim? How would it make us immortal?

And to answer your question many people find comfort in God in this life not just the next
>>
>>9811819
your belief that technology is going to make you immortal is already religious
>>
>>9811890
I never claimed such a thing. I did say "if" and not "when", after all. As for whether biological immortality is even possible, I don't know. It's interesting to think about though.

>>9811879
>Any proof of transhumanisim? How would it make us immortal?
I don't know where to start with this. I'd say there's quite a lot of proof of humans being able to modify their environment and their bodies through scientific means. Biological immortality and other such transhumanist ideas are just a natural extension of this.
>>
>>9811917
I like this new meme where living a bit longer is called immortality
>>
>>9811925
I probably should've specified that I meant biological immortality in my OP. Still, having at least until the heat death of the universe is an awful lot of time compared to what we get now. Perhaps we could develop true immortality before then.
>>
File: 1497361906876.png (167KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
1497361906876.png
167KB, 300x347px
>>9811932
>Perhaps we could develop true immortality before then.

I think reddit will be more your style friend
>>
>>9811936
Who's the man in your picture? I want to understand this meme.
>>
>>9811819
People will worship themselves, probably no more or no less than they do now. People will still be religious and the promises of transhumanism are nonsense.
>>
>>9811942
The black guy is about to penetrate his mouth forcefully.
>>
File: 49067-ztirqseauu-1484069343.jpg (102KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
49067-ztirqseauu-1484069343.jpg
102KB, 1200x630px
>>9811917
>Biological immortality and other such transhumanist ideas are just a natural extension of this.
>my bizarre ideological relationship with imaginary science is simply obvious and "natural", guys! why would i need to justify the idea that the continued operation of liberal capitalism will inevitably grant me divine powers? it's just so natural!

have you ever tried reading a book without a spaceship on the cover
>>
Transhumanism is a religious cult. It has its origins in occultism, specifically Gnosticism, Kabbalah, and luciferianism. The Silicon Valley Pharisees just wrapped it in a different aesthetic and you idiots fell for it. It isn't anything new.
>>
>>9812106
Fuck yes thank you.
>>
>>9812106
This. Its the kikes at it again
>>
>>9811819
What is more likely are rich furries paying for crispr-cas9 treatments to grow tails and horns and futanari penises, and buying custom pets like mini dragons.

Transhumanism is real, but not in the way you are thinking of it. Pic related and other such deviancy (IN THE GERMLINE) is humanities future.
>>
I don't know but I am going to get a sick robot eye and hand
>>
File: original.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>9812247
>robot

Its all about biotech now nigga.
>>
>>9811925
>"a bit"
a billion years is a period of time literally incomprehensible to the human mind, sure, it's technically not "forever" but it might as well be.
>>
>>9812425
>but it might as well be.

lel you have some idea of forever buddy. When you zoom out far enough, its all just a blink of an eye
>>
>>9813484
>zoom out
you can't.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1897x1062px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1897x1062px
>implying technology, science & religion aren't all potentially one & the same metanoetic process blasting off for omega point silliness
>not implying that the best thing that could ever have happened to nick land would have been a No, Fuck You classical jesuit education rather than a PhD in continental mindfuckery & the CCRU
>implying implications
>theorizing theories
>tfw
>>
>>9813510
If it I was unconscious the time would move by instantly. You speak as if experience of time is some static unit
>>
>>9813532
>Catholic plagiarising Hegel
>>
File: Globaias4.jpg (49KB, 556x332px) Image search: [Google]
Globaias4.jpg
49KB, 556x332px
>>9813532
>inb4 chardin was a hack & so are you girardfag
>dat noosphere tho
>tfw dat landian Outside itself judo-flipped from out of amphetamine-induced bataille-quoting hyperstition into something actually & potentially quote wonderful you know
>tfw capital just another plateau
>sounds great faggot where's my cheeseburger
>coming right up my guy
>>
>>9813560
>catholic plagiarizing hegel
not crazy. hegel's a megaboss. still tho
>pic rel: mf exactly w trapped in nick land's dream
unpleasant
>deleuze: there is no need to fear or hope, only to look for new weapons
i'm okay with this
>>
File: hmmm.png (966KB, 1915x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
966KB, 1915x1080px
>>9811819
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-bijO3uEw
>>
>>9813615
fucking hell this game was a masterpiece.
>>
>>9812086
Biological immortality is just another engineering problem like any other. It seems you're a bit touchy about the subject because of your religious views.
>>
>>9812086
have you ever tried keeping your autism in check?
>>
File: apoembyrupi.png (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
apoembyrupi.png
62KB, 600x600px
>>9812106
>>9812140
>anything happens
>it's those damn jews!
>>
>>9812140
>>9814304
Its not a totally Jewish movement but they are well represented as in most movements that are motivated by political or technological messianism.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.