[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: werner-heisenberg.jpg (41KB, 497x789px) Image search: [Google]
werner-heisenberg.jpg
41KB, 497x789px
>The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.
>>
spinoza
>>
The more you learn about the world, the more you realize it all just couldn't have been created by chance, but it had to be created by a divine being
>>
The more you know, the more you realize that you don't know.
>>
>>9811680
poh tay toe

puh tah tow
>>
>>9811624
God is some sort of dregs or silt or something. Dunno, these physician types are weird.
>>
>>9811624
When you realize your existence is meaningless and all of human struggle has been futile since day one, you'll be so existentially deppressed you'll be forced to turn to religion for any modicum comfort you might still be capable of experiencing.
>>
>>9811624
I think he was referring to deism or pantheism or something. Not the Abrahamic God or other conventional religions.

>>9811863
this is a great answer though
>>
>>9811624
just watching a few Dawkins videos will turn you into a fedora tipper, but then you actually read the Bible and see the value in it
>>
>>9811863
>When you realize
It's a thing I have considered but haven't been able to realize as reality due to real-life personal experiences that definitely defy a godless universe.
Of course, not everyone is going to experience something like this in the same way that not everyone is going to be born wealthy, or poor, or black, or white, or going to lose a child, or going to have cancer, or win the lottery, or live through a crippling accident, or see the ocean, etc.
>>
According to wikipedia it was the Christian God, go home y'all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.