[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best characters in pic related and why are they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Catch22.jpg (31KB, 241x360px) Image search: [Google]
Catch22.jpg
31KB, 241x360px
What are the best characters in pic related and why are they chaplain and major major major major
>>
>>9811593
I've never read it.
>>
>>9811596
You're missing out
>>
>>9811593
I hate this shitty book so much. I don't see how anyone enjoys it.
>>
>>9811593
Major major major is funny and all but Yossarian is the best character.
>>
>>9811593
It's been a few years since I've read it but the "Feather in my cap" general is definitely one of the best

Also the one guy who cares so much about the weekly marches
>>
>not the Milo chapters where he capitalizes on the war to build the greatest business empire the world's ever seen
>>
>>9812505
Note: I misread OP's post as "what are the best chapters" instead of "the best characters". However, the answer is still Milo
>>
>>9811593
The chaplain is the worst fucking character in the book, he's the only sympathetic one but he's just a caricature for Heller to go "LOL you believe in god I'm gonna show you how very silly that is." I ain't even religious but a good way to gauge a person's character writing is how they treat people of belief and Heller just gets it so so wrong because he wants to douse it in his fedora atheism.
>>
>>9812704
I do agree that Heller's atheism is extremely fedora-like, but I stil enjoyed the book nonetheless. It's alright as long as you don't take it as an argument for atheism.
>>
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
>>
File: o shit.jpg (76KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
o shit.jpg
76KB, 480x454px
>tfw that was the first book I read at the beginning of this year and I barely remember anything about it besides Yosarein not wanting to be in the war and Milo being a psycho capitalist bastard

there were like 50 characters how am I supposed to remember them all???
>>
>>9811593
Nately's whore is my absolute favorite.

But the obvious choice would be Milo or Yossarian
>>
>>9813026
What was the deal with her? How come she did love Nately in the end?
>>
>>9813010
How come you literally didn't remember any other characters or events?
>>
>>9813029
Didn't he save her little sister or something. It's been a few years so I might be wrong
>>
>>9813366
He did, but she always ignored him (Nately, not her sister).
>>
>>9813445
That's just how women work
>>
>>9811593
Washington Irving was my favorite desu
>>
>>9813306

I remember certain events, just not many specific characters.
>>
>>9812704
>>9812829
>because it's associated with fedora athiesm now means it was shit back when it was written
>>
>Orr
>Yossarian
>The greatest egg supplier the world has ever seen, Milo
>>
>Milo

but then again, reading the same shit fifty times in two "different" ways makes you dislike almost everything about this three-hundred too long book
>>
Did Yossarion have personality outside of wanting to get out of the war?
>>
>>9812314
Cathcart and Schiessekopf
>>
This book is really just the same joke over and over again, but it's so good.
>>
>>9813866
light kek
>>
>>9814085
He was a womanizer, and seems to have a sense of humor
>>
>>9814085
he wanted to get laid and not die. If that's not empathetic, I don't know what is
>>
>>9813866
Irving Washington was my favorite
>>
Aarfy did nothing wrong.
>>
>>9814079
Some parts were repeated, but I still think a lot of it was original and the book isn't too drawn out.

>>9814085
No.
>>
>>9814452
Yes he did
>>
>>9813366
and he started caring less about her which made her want him all the sudden.
(I really hope I am not remembering this wrong or jsut prijecting)
>>
>>9811593
Orr was my favorite
>>
>>9811593
I don't know, every character I got to in the 60-70 pages I could tolerate were fucking horrible

Why didn't anyone tell me this was just "whose on second" for hundreds of fucking pages. Trash
>>
>>9812515
Either way, Milo is the answer.
>>
Is Nately a prediction of the future of man?
>>
Dunbar for loving doing things he hated every minute of donig (them) because the time passed so slowly that he accumulated it to extend his life and (maybe) live forever.
And not givnig a fuck.
>>
Chief White Halfoat

or Major Major Major's father
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.