[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I act as though God exists. What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 33

>I act as though God exists.

What did he mean by this?
>>
in the Quran disingenuous faith is considered one of the gravest sins
>>
he didn't mean anything, he's an android sent to destroy popular discourse about politics and values. robots don't understand semantics, a well known fakt demonstrated by John Searle
>>
>>9811196
have you considered using your brain to contemplate the meaning of statements without the internet holding your hand?
>>
>>9811201
the systems reply is SOUND, SEARLE
>>
He's a disgusting psychobabblist gnostic.
>>
Let me give you a basic rundown

>Jordan Peterson represents the first open attack on the SJW movement in academia by a small elite group tasked with saving Western civilization
>in fact his body and personality are merely a vessel piloted by the combined shamanic energies of this hidden cabal
>the University of Toronto is run by a snake-cult of deranged OISE lesbians, who are sacrificing children via abortions to resurrect a pelasgian serpent goddess
>the goddess also needs an army of husks (created through miscegenation), spiritual nulls or "golems" who will do its bidding when the time comes
>they are mistaken about the identity and aims of this goddess, which is actually a primeval entity of chaos
>Peterson's gestalt group-mind is a blakean esoteric christian
>"he" is in contact with various beings that may or may not be avenging archangels
>Mircea Eliade is still alive, and he is housing Jung's soul like when McCoy housed Spock's katra in Star Trek 3
>aliens may or may not be involved, the spiritual crisis on earth is a spectral beacon visible for several thousand light years to anyone or anything with eyes to see
>full-blown spiritual warfare of the highest order will begin soon
>>
>>9811210
First time I've heard someone accuse Peterson of being a Gnostic. What makes you think this?
>>
>>9811227
He's a Jungian, meaning a neo-Gnostic except with no actual belief in God. They're turds that have the ridiculous need to reduce everything to systematic allegory and other forms of psychobabble.
>>
>>9811233
>I don't know what I'm talking about
>>
>>9811238
I do, just on a much deeper level than you do.
>>
>>9811196
He basically thinks that the only possible reason to follow an ethic behaviour and not just walking around killing random people is by acting as if there is a God.
Related-ish question: do you know any books about the ethical principles on which laws are built?
>>
>>9811242
>Related-ish question: do you know any books about the ethical principles on which laws are built?
Terrible ones. E.g., the ones you ascribe to
>>
>>9811239
>I do not know what I'm talking about on a much deeper level than you do
>>
>>9811271
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: shockingtruth.jpg (90KB, 424x400px) Image search: [Google]
shockingtruth.jpg
90KB, 424x400px
>>9811221
/thread

prepare.
>>
File: 1473564502071.jpg (50KB, 613x771px) Image search: [Google]
1473564502071.jpg
50KB, 613x771px
>>9811196
he is like a babby
>>
>>9811196

Christian in the streets athiest in the sheets
>>
>>9811272
>redirecting me to reddit
>knows the /r/ formatting
Tell me more about the identity between Gnosticism and Jungian psychology
>>
>>9811293
I don't know how about you read some source material instead of shitposting.
>>
>>9811311
I've read Jung, buddy boy, and I know enough about Gnosticism to know that you're bullshitting
>>
>>9811221
>>
>>9811316
You haven't, you can stop shitposting now you smelly Brazilian.
>>
File: kent.jpg (45KB, 723x717px) Image search: [Google]
kent.jpg
45KB, 723x717px
>>9811316
>buddy boy
>>
>>9811242

>the only possible reason to follow an ethic behaviour and not just walking around killing random people is by acting as if there is a God.

But that's absurd, ask a priest if he would refuse the penitence of someone on death row, there is nothing you can do in life that will make religion abandon you. It's better to ask forgiveness than ask permission. Atheists tend not to take risks, because they don't have the fluffy cloud blanket of inviolability.
>>
>>9811316
>buddy boy(o)
back to PSL
>>
File: 1500794634414.jpg (44KB, 640x782px) Image search: [Google]
1500794634414.jpg
44KB, 640x782px
>>9811316
>Buddy boy.
>>
>>9811319
Is this all just a game to you? I'm inviting you to show off your learning. You could post something with substance and give me the old BTFO, but you choose not to. Why is this? Are you simply too lazy or inarticulate? Or is it that you never had anything to say to begin with?
>>
File: 1470202128400.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1470202128400.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
Jordan Peterson is the last stand, the final boss. He knows that with God dead, everything is permitted, but he walks the Earth to keep us shackled. He stands atop his tall pillarthrone, raising an army from the weary walking dead, to conquer our minds and subjugate once us more to the tyranny of MEANING. He sees himself as the replacement for - no, the new incarnation of - God and is working on technologies to wrap the Earth noosphere in psi-chains and to transcend his bodily form - replacing the crucified Christ body hovering above Terra. If we are ever to free ourselves, he must be destroyed.
>>
>>9811196
Hasn't he always said he dose not believe in what people say, but in the way people act when talking about morals and such.

So isn't he saying that it doesn't matter whether he says he believes in a god or not, but that he acts as if he does. In doing so he has convinced himself in the presences of god.

Or maybe he really is a vessel of some cabal idk.
>>
>>9811330
I actually am an atheist. I don't follow this Peterson guy, it only happens that I've seen that video, and I think he has an interesting question (that I had already thought to myself): "how can one justify his ethics and morals if there is no God, and therefore there isn't an absolute truth?" I mean, if we consider the non-existence of a God, we aren't able to prove any statements, like "all men are born equal before the law"
>>
>>9811196
he fell for pascal's wager
>>
>>9811369
Like this guy here (>>9811339) said, if God is dead, everything is permitted, so why shouldn't one rape little kids in the early morning? That's a very interesting question. Wtf, now I want to buy Crime and Punishment and re-watch Love and Death
>>
>>9811377
>why wouldn't I rape little kids in the morning
-I have no desire to do so
-I would probably end up in prison and we all know what happens to kid fuckers in prison
-empathy
>>
>>9811391
In other words, self-interest.
>>
>>9811369
>we aren't able to prove any statements, like "all men are born equal before the law"
That's feelgood psychobabble anyways. Some pigs are more equal than others.
>>
>>9811395
>empathy
>self-interest
no
>>
>>9811391
>empathy
Irrelevant.
>law
Slave
>>
>>9811391
That was just a silly example. Let's take a situation à la Love and Death. If you don't kill Napoleon, he will keep bringing war to the whole Europe. If you kill Napoleon, you've murdered a man. What would you do?
>>
>>9811337
I don't care about 'muh learning' you fucking dope.
Read some source material and make the connections yourself.
>>
>>9811417
>being a filthy utilitarian
>>
>>9811415
>empathy is irrelevant
please elaborate

>>9811417
Somehow a religious person will have an easier time answering this question? Is there an answer to this exact scenario written in the bible or something? I doubt every single christian would have the same answer to this question.
>>
>>9811432
Empathy is meaningless without God. Either repent or fall into the abyss already, nihilist.
>>
>>9811432
>Somehow a religious person will have an easier time answering this question?
The question of tyrannicide was dealt with by various Christian thinkers, mainly during the Renaissance.

http://www.catholic.org/encyclopedia/view.php?id=11767
>>
>>9811432
>I doubt every single christian would have the same answer to this question.
They aren't Christian if they would allow a frog LARPing as a Roman go through Europe and kill God.
>>
>>9811443
What do you mean by meaningless?

Also, you mentioned that obeying the law is tantamount to being a slave. Aren't God's commandmants laws? So you're a slave either way.
>>
>>9811457
>human meme laws are the same as divine laws
Back to /r/eddit
>>
>>9811470
So have you christfags always been this obnoxious or is this just a natural shift in tone in response to the rise of the fedorafags in the last decade?
>>
>>9811238
>>9811239
Man, this place is fucking intolerable!
>>
>>9811419
>'muh learning'
1) Who are you quoting?
2) >using muh
3) Continuing to reply after I've outed you as a pretender in a desperate attempt to maintain the illusion that you are correct, smart
I would love to discuss "source material" with you, but I highly doubt you will take me up on this
>>
>>9811479
>>9811490
>>>/r/eddit
>>9811501
>if u dnt do thing fr me then ur dumbie
Nice rebuttal, illiterate.
>>
>>9811419
>I don't care enough to explain myself but I do care enough to insist that I'm right
>>
>>9811470
How is obeying one set of laws slavery and obeying a different set not slavery?
>>
>>9811502
How do you expect me to rebut a baseless assertion that you refuse to expand upon in any way? I care more about that than getting the last word here (and with the coup de grace of telling me, for the second time in this thread, to go to reddit, I suspect you want the latter)
>>
>>9811508
Yes?
>>9811511
>one
'laws' based on memes
>other
laws based on the will of an awesome being
>>9811517
Why would I 'expand' to an illiterate?
How the hell do you not see Jung as the gnostic he is? Answer: you haven't read any material on either.
Fuck a sheep m8
>>
>>9811524
>>9811524
Ok but how is one slavery and the other not in the context of our conversation? You said I'm a slave because I wouldn't do something (in this example, raping a child) because I was afraid of the legal repercussions. How does that differ from your case where you choose not to do because God said so? In both cases, we're choosing not to do something because of the consequences.
>>
>>9811543
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>9811553
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>9811569
No, I don't.
>>
>>9811571
Why are you so mean? You really hurt my feelings, you know.
>>
>>9811524
I will give you what I can without any cooperation from you. Jung is in no way a "neo-Gnostic" (a totally incoherent notion). He studied Gnosticism, yes, and there are noticeable parallels between analytic psychology and Gnosticism, but remember that Jung (despite his mysticism, which you may not realize is not the same thing as Gnosticism) is a materialist. "God" is located in the unconscious, an ultimatey physical phenomenon. Moreover, a total identification with or "return to" the unconscious is both undesirable and impossible.
>>
>>9811377
karma. Law of cause and effect, co-interdependent origination. No god involved.
>>9811417
I would do nothing.
If I kill Napoleon I would go to hell.
The people who were going to die in Napoleons war, would simply die in some other way because its their karma.
If Napoleon kills people he will go to hell.
If Napoleon kills me my karma becomes purified, while Napoleon goes to hell.
So in the later 2 cases I have love for Napoleon cause Hell is a horrible place that I do not wish upon my worst enemies.
>>9811337
Not the person you are responding to, but you are hallucinating on your ego trip my friend
You do not care about that poster at all. The only reason you want that anon "to show his learning" is so that you can then make more counter arguments to feel smarter about yourself.
When the other person denies that opperunity you become offended and give snarky remarks in a desperate attempt to validate your insecurity.
I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>9811589
So, you're illiterate, or didn't even read my OP. Good going gaylord.
>neognosticism is incoherent
No it isn't, it's atheistic (materialistic) gnosticism. Holy fucking shit, if you actually read [THE FUCKING SOURCE MATERIAL] you would realize that you agreed with me this whole time.
>>
>>9811602
>karma. Law of cause and effect, co-interdependent origination. No god involved.
None of this is existent.
Fuck off, fatalist.
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (14KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
14KB, 220x298px
>>9811602
>I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>9811602
>Not the person you are responding to, but you are hallucinating on your ego trip my friend
You do not care about that poster at all. The only reason you want that anon "to show his learning" is so that you can then make more counter arguments to feel smarter about yourself.
When the other person denies that opperunity you become offended and give snarky remarks in a desperate attempt to validate your insecurity.
I feel sorry for you.
Why would you presume to know my motivations for replying to this guy? It's pretty meaningless and reflects more on the sort of person you are ("I feel sorry for you," kek, OK) than me.
>>>9811603
I agree that the notion of a materialist Gnosticism is incoherent, but I don't think Jungian psychology can be reduced to that. His conclusions about human nature, for example, do not really square with Gnosticism
>>
File: cioran jünger.jpg (24KB, 415x281px) Image search: [Google]
cioran jünger.jpg
24KB, 415x281px
the age of gods won't return until after 2200

we're in age of titans, pleb
>>
>>9811201
If computers don't understand semantics, how are they even programmed?
>>
>>9811668
with syntax
>>
>>9811233
Dude you can entertain Jungian concepts (like archetypes) and it's not in any way heresy.
>>
File: stirner.jpg (74KB, 552x960px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.jpg
74KB, 552x960px
It means Jordan Peterson is spooked beyond fucking belief he is the epitome of being spooked. He should change his name to Spooky McSpookerson.
He can't accept the fact that God doesn't exist so he lies to himself to make him feel better. The truth is that God is beyond human comprehension and the arguments for or against God is just the failure of language producing what appears to be a legitimate philosophical inquiry.
>>
File: 1500419810795.png (602KB, 1276x2860px) Image search: [Google]
1500419810795.png
602KB, 1276x2860px
>>9811719
>>
>>9811617
That's why he's neognostic, not just an atheistic gnostic. Him and his fanboys really can't be described as anything other than neognostics, it just permeates through their entire mindset.
>>9811708
I absolutely disagree. When one accepts any of Jung's concepts, they put a nail in God's coffin. They reduce God to a Form, when Christianity is fundamentally a massive drift away from that sort of Neoplatonics. If God is merely a Form, then Christ's death and ascension were just metaphorical. If God is merely a Form, then there is nothing 'actual' or immanent about Him, which is absolutely heretical. That's gnostic/deist theology and it is absolutely heretical. It's more heretical than Antichristian Satanism or any sort of paganism.
>>
>>9811719
holy fuck, how bad are leftist memes? how could they ruin even stirner, the easiest meme to use?
>>
>>9811719

this post proving yet again that young clueless stirner sycophants are far worse than young hapless peterson drones.
>>
>>9811221
I was going to take this as a joke, but then I remembered what goes on in South Korea.
>>
>>9811221
the big enchilada basically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NVsyMalJXo
>>
>>9811736
>When one accepts any of Jung's concepts, they put a nail in God's coffin.
Accepting a concept does not make the concept the full spectrum of truth. Religious truth is shaped like a fractal anyways; it is true in various ways in multiple levels, and you can expand upon it indefinitely, so long as you keep looking at the pattern. I think jungian concepts fill one such layer. I used to be against evolution, but I began to see this vast expanse of Creation. Mind is one such frontier of God's glory. A scary one, yes, but a necessary one to understand these days. Otherwise you will be playing Othello like /pol/.
>>
>>9811781
>evolution
Fuck off, deist.
>>
>>9811788
>deism
Nonsense, God works in every level. Not a single bird dies without God's permission.
>>
>>9811789
Nope, I just see more deism.
>>
>>9811795
>Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered
Your sight can betray you. Ask for wisdom.
>>
>>9811242
From what I have heard of him he seems less interested in morality than psychology. He doesn't necessarily want you to believe in God, he wants you to be the hero in your own archetypal story. He thinks this is the solution to nihilism.
>>
The posters in this thread would benefit a LOT from reading his book and not by guessing what he's trying to say. It is with threads like this that /lit/ really comes off as no better than /r/books
>>
>>9811233
Kek, the only psychobabbler here is you.
>>
>>9811844
False.
>>
>>9811851
Lmao
>>
File: 200_s.gif (62KB, 469x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
62KB, 469x200px
>>9811221
I have read
the post
that was in
the 4chans

and which
you were probably
saving
for the apocalypse

Forgive me
it was perfect
so green
and so hnng
>>
>>9811196
He's saying he doesn't act as if god does not exist.
>>
>>9811196
>What did he mean by this?

"If I was not bound by the common morality of you IDIOTS I would probably be re-making this world in my image, starting with the decimation of all inferior life forms."
>>
>>9811617
>You do not care about that poster at all. The only reason you want that anon "to show his learning" is so that you can then make more counter arguments to feel smarter about yourself.
>When the other person denies that opperunity you become offended and give snarky remarks in a desperate attempt to validate your insecurity.
>I feel sorry for you.

I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks onto you!

Not the poster you replied to!
>>
>>9811733
Aargh. One of the rare, dreaded intermittent reinforcement posts that feeds my addiction to this place.
>>
>>9811733
>tfw you at last achieve stirnlightenment w/in spooktopia
>tfw /lit/ internets confirmed best internets
>>
File: 1500633081663.jpg (128KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
1500633081663.jpg
128KB, 888x888px
>>9811221
>When the memepool only gets denser with every memearrow.
>>
>>9811759
So what goes on South Korea?
>>
>>9811377

If God exists everything is permitted as well. You kill a little child, well if that child is innocent it goes to heaven so you haven't actually harmed a person, you've basically done them a favor.

How many times have I heard of some serial killer victim and they say "oh they are in a better place now." Worse than the prospect of infinite forgiveness is the impossibility of doing any actual harm. The denial of material reality has consequences. Atheists must live in the world we create. Christianity was always about escapism from that reality.
>>
>>9813007
last year it was discovered that the President of South Korea was actually being controlled and informed by a cult of feminist billionaire shamans, no joke, look it up. She was impeached and removed a few months ago.
>>
It means he can't understand secular ethics
>>
"But on earth we are indeed wandering, as it were, and did we not have the precious image of Christ before us, we would perish and be altogether lost, like the race of men before the flood. Much on earth is concealed from us, but in place of it we have been granted a secret, mysterious sense of our living bond with the other world, with the higher heavenly world, and the roots of our thoughts and feelings are not here but in other worlds. That is why philosophers say it is impossible on earth to conceive the essence of things. God took seeds from other worlds and sowed them on this earth, and raised up his garden; and everything that could sprout sprouted, but it lives and grows only through its sense of being in touch with other mysterious worlds; if this sense is weakened or destroyed in you, that which has grown up in you dies. Then you become indifferent to life, and even come to hate it. So I believe."
>>
File: 1498096519344.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498096519344.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>9814007
>Morality didn't exist before Christianity
>>
>>9814020
Religion is a human universal - the ability and proclivity of the human mind to discover/realize that there is some sort of God is intrinsic to every human mind and every human society. It is not about Christianity alone, religion has existed alongside mankind ever since we began evolving the ability to move our gaze from the earth to the heavens. It's all the same God, sending new messages to different groups of people all across human history. We have forgotten many of these Manifestations of God, but they walked among us and told us what we needed to know in order to keep us fixated on what really matters.
>>
>>9813391
>redditors don't understand christianity
Reality doesn't exist, sorry there little babby existentialist!
The world you 'create' is not actually your own, slave.
>>
>>9814001
Secular ethics are nonexistent ethics.
>>9814020
>muh humanism is moral
>muh virtue is moral
Fuck off now, ideologue.
>>
>>9814321
>reality doesn't exist
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>9814064
>It's all the same God

No.
>>
>>9814064
the key to consciousness is the key to understanding "god"
>>
>>9814537
everything is subjective through our own perceptions, state of "reality" is dependent on whether there is a conscious observer
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 244x207px
What if I live as if God exists for different reasons?
I have no way trust any religion, and the only theological tool I've got left is my moral and ethical perception.

Now, if there is a God and there is an actual divine afterlife, all the suffering I've witnessed so far is meaningless, and I'll be able to accept it. If this is true, acting in a ethical manner is probably what he meant me to do, so there's nothing wrong with it.
If there is no God, at worse I'll have probably helped and improved the lives of who is dear to me, and maybe even the society that surrounds me. The thought of doing this, lf improving the world, gives me enough pleasure for me to genuinely justify my ethical and moral approach, and in fact doing otherwise would actually cause me more harm than anything, especially psychologically. If there is no God of course my ethical sense becomes a mere istinct built in me and doctored by society and culture, yet in a nihilistic framework this would not matter to me as long as I can impose skepticism on said perception of ethics and morals.

I'd say it is a clueless approach, since I've never confronted it with actual philosophy (I mainly read literature), yet I can't see many faults in it. Would you guys consider it as bad as Peterson's one?
>>
>>9811780
>when he's right
>>
File: 1496273291733.jpg (19KB, 388x392px) Image search: [Google]
1496273291733.jpg
19KB, 388x392px
>>9811780
>mfw hes right
>>
>>9811780
reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62hoopKaZRY
>>
File: pepe#9129283823.png (315KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
pepe#9129283823.png
315KB, 500x475px
>>9811780

>mfw he's right
>>
File: awoo_looking_in.png (203KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
awoo_looking_in.png
203KB, 900x1000px
>>9811780
>mfw he's right
>>
File: 1500854371112.jpg (185KB, 600x581px) Image search: [Google]
1500854371112.jpg
185KB, 600x581px
Why do people fixate on mediocre alt-lite dullards like Jordan Peterson, or Paul Joseph Watson, or any YouTube vlogger, instead of moving into deeper material?

I've never understood this.
>>
File: 1497836739308.jpg (30KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
1497836739308.jpg
30KB, 600x465px
>>9811780
>mfw he's right
>>
File: 1492944061159.jpg (99KB, 932x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492944061159.jpg
99KB, 932x1024px
>>9811780

>tfw it's right
>>
File: 1484100922120.jpg (35KB, 639x615px) Image search: [Google]
1484100922120.jpg
35KB, 639x615px
>>9811780
indisputably correct
>>
>>9811736
>When one accepts any of Jung's concepts, they put a nail in God's coffin
How does mathematics work then? You should have a read of a short pop-sci classic called "The Mind of God" by Paul Davies. The fact that maths works and is stable in its values but doesn't exist in the physical universe hints at a realm of Forms. Its not heresy it's just common sense and I am in no way advocating for a Neo-Platonic worldview.
>>
>>9811780
>not using some gy:be as the background music
So close to being an excellent meme
>>
Agnostics can only be agnostic in theory, in practice they have to be either theist or atheist. So he's an agnostic theist.
>>
>>9811203
And you are here because?
>>
>>9811196
is he just famous because he was videoed arguing with jugalo-looking wannabe-trannies?
>>
File: lex.jpg (25KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
lex.jpg
25KB, 640x360px
>>9811780
>hits the joint once
>>
so he kills homosexuals and stones women?

wow i love jordan peter now
>>
>>9811196
The Laws proclaimed in God's name are true whether they are enforced by God's right hand or some other power. in the East the Laws are called "Dharmas" or "Dhammas"

so you are better off behaving as though a judgmental entity watches everything you do in every moment of your life.

you might imagine yourself to be free but you aren't, the game has fixed rules (this should be obvious from natural science; does it even need to be stated that moral and physical worlds overlap? for slow minds, perhaps...) that limit your potential and the set of possible outcomes from a given action. some courses of action lead to more or less suffering for yourself and others.

if you think to yourself "that story about Onan is ridiculous, it doesn't matter if I rub one out to tentacle porn" the indifferent Universe, the structure of your own being (which doesn't belong to you - you're renting it) will punish you just as surely as God would have punished you if He existed - assuming an atheist cosmos. whether you conceive of this punishment as coming from a transcendental deity is almost an epiphenomenal issue; mental gymnastics. the Law is real enough and it will follow you in every moment at all times until you die, and maybe past that too
>>
>implying I have a choice
>implying everyone who isn't an ideologue already doesn't acts as though God exists
>even the ideologues can fully rid themselves of western values
>>
>>9811736
>They reduce God to a Form
If a realm of Forms exist, it is part of God's creation (or essence?) Any Christian should be able to explore Jung's concepts as long as they keep this in mind. Reducing God to a Form is ridiculous and heretical.
>>
File: 1500705931266.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1500705931266.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
>>9811780
>mfw he's right
>>
>>9811317
>pepe not being in katakana
could've been done easily desu
>>
>>9814701
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND
>>
>>9815093
kek, first thing I thought too
>>
File: nick land.jpg (11KB, 171x266px) Image search: [Google]
nick land.jpg
11KB, 171x266px
>>9811780
AI incorporated internet worldhive sounds based as fuck desu.
>>
>>9811780
I need to know to what extent he believes this shit. This may be either next level opportunism, or downright schizophrenia.
>>
>>9815368
A lot of it is true though, give or take a dimension or a psychic pedo vampire or two.
>>
>>9815368
He juxtaposes all the information wildly, like he says that gravity is bleeding in and that is what we call dark matter, right after his talk about 12 dimensions. It's all true, just not necessarily as related as listening to him as if he were a normal human makes it seem to be.
>>
File: gq.png (452KB, 597x602px) Image search: [Google]
gq.png
452KB, 597x602px
>>9811196
>I may not be a cuckold but I behave as if I am being cucked
>>
>>9815368
in the podcast he explained that it wasn't him who made that stuff up, that's just "what the elites believe"
>>
>>9811196
How dumb are you, OP? It's rather self-explanatory.
>>
>>9814982
Read the Old Testament through the lens of the New, and through Jesus Christ's teachings. If Christianity truly promoted the killing of homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13) and the stoning of women (other parts of Leviticus Chapter 20) then why would Jesus say "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"

Those who are against Christianity like to point out all the bad things they can find, and it's not a difficult thing to do. Leviticus was written between 530-330 BC, hundreds of years before Christ, even before the Roman Empire had the power that it did in 2nd century AD. The thing is though, Jesus spoke against those ancient teachings (which by the way, Leviticus is both in Christianity and in Judaism). You do not see Christians or Jews putting homosexuals to death, or stoning women. In fact in nations with a Christian majority (basically the entirety of western civilization) there is gay marriage legalization cropping up all over the place. I'm Christian, and I'm cool with this.

Going around saying Christians kill homosexuals and stone women, when it's clear that we do nothing of the sort (though Muslims like to throw gays off of rooftops so there's that), you might as well suggest that Italians like to regularly literally crucify people because they did it thousands of years ago, completely ignoring that it's illegal and hasn't been done in God knows how long. Would you accuse J K Rowling of skinning horses alive just because there are horse skeletons in her books?
>>
>>9811221
Anon5?
>>
>>9815481
Christians still kill gays though, don't pretend.
>>
>>9811196
he's a pascal's cuck
>>
>>9815494
I'm only 'pretending' not to kill gays? I am Christian, I am in a Christian-majority nation, most of the people I see on a day-to-day basis are Christian... yet there are no gays being killed. Sorry that I'm so good at pretending, anon. I'll try to be more blatant with my homo-killing next time. Praise be Leviticus 20:13, it shall be the only passage that I will ever take literally.
>>
>>9811196
1000-Year Jordanschreich begins now
>>
>>9815504
what do you mean?
>>
>>9815481
>>9815514
I mean a lot of people hold pretty severe views still man.

People die for it all the time in one way or another. Look at the homocide rates for transexuals for example.

>>9815610
Google pascals wager
>>
He's a shatov
He clearly has no faith in God, so his views on religion should be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism
>>
>>9814846
You've created a dichotomy for no fucking reason. It's not either or. Sometimes its nice to listen to somewhat intelligent discussion effortlessly while you drive or clean up the house. Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>9815622
Pascal's wager is common knowledge, anon. What did you mean?
>>
>>9815636
Not that poster. Got the wrong end of the stick sorry
>>
>>9811196
He's saying that he behaves with the background assumption that there is a higher order of things.
>>
>>9811780
Not that hard to believe actually.
>>
>>9814064
> -700 B.C.

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>9814537
Reality is a systematization of existence, it isn't existent itself.
>>
>>9814587
It's worse. Atheists are disgusting.
>>
>>9814919
Mathematics doesn't work.
>common sense
Fuck off with that meme
>>
>>9815046
Stop avoiding the conclusions of your thoughts.
>>
>>9815481
Approving of gay marriage as a Christian is absurd. You can be fine with the existence of homosexuals, but approving of marriage is sacrilegious.
>>
File: 1499706328643.png (404KB, 1409x4759px) Image search: [Google]
1499706328643.png
404KB, 1409x4759px
>>9815622
Suicide rate of the general US population: 1.5% of population count attempt annualy.
Of LGBT population: 4%.
Trans population: 40%.

Trans people are far more likely to be below the poverty line, be unemployed, have chronic mental health issues, more likely to kill themselves, more likely to have drug addictions, and the worst part of it is that SRS often does the opposite of what it intends.

Christianity offers those affected by Body Dysphoria a lift out, to tell them they don't have to live like they are, that they can build themselves up to become happy, good people.

Lefty trash encourage them to go through with SRS, then discard them when they hate the results.

As >>9815494 has failed to realize, the only real attempts to cure trannies of their mental illness (body dysphoria) have come from Christians.
>>
>>9811781
>I used to be against evolution

retard
>>
>>9816444
Thanks for this scintillating addition to the discourse.

>>9811221
explodingmind.jpg

There's a fine line between Genius and Insane. He's clearly not a genius, but he is entertaining as shit and so much of this has been shown in Worst Korea that I'm implied to believe some of it.
>>
>>9811697
From Wikipedia:
>In programming language theory, semantics is the field concerned with the rigorous mathematical study of the meaning of programming languages. It does so by evaluating the meaning of syntactically legal strings defined by a specific programming language, showing the computation involved.
>>
>>9811697
>>9816503
So basically,
int x = 2 + 2;
is syntactically correct, but semantics is how the computer knows that x is equal to 4.
>>
>>9814064
More like the human mind is quick to assign agency to things like thunderclouds or random chance. Just because your meatbrain is easily duped doesn't mean your hallucinations are real.
>>
File: 1498211671672.jpg (100KB, 593x447px) Image search: [Google]
1498211671672.jpg
100KB, 593x447px
Jordan Peterson is the archetypal hero we need.
>>
File: 1475409212677.jpg (1MB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1475409212677.jpg
1MB, 4030x4096px
>>9816505
x isn't equal to 4, it's equal to 2 + 2. 2 + 2 equals 4.
>>
>>9816483
>Thanks for this scintillating addition to the discourse.
Dressing your stupidity with nice words wont change the fact that deep down, you are a dumb person. I think you're somehow aware of that.
>>
>>9811411
>empathy
I dont want to rape kids because then Ill feel bad about raping kids. Bam! We're right back to self interest.
>>
>>9816390
If Christians did not approve of gay marriage, then we wouldn't have gay marriage in the west. US, UK, Ireland, Canada, mainland Europe, and so on and so forth. Yet these are some of the most LGBT-friendly places on the planet. Now, look to the Middle East and Africa which have so many Muslims... good luck getting gay marriage there without having the ceremony on a rooftop with the words 'I do' replaced with 'I will (plummet towards the ground to my death)'

As far as I am concerned, even if God hates gays (I doubt this), then let Him judge them in the end. While they're stuck on Earth like the rest of us, let them do as they like. Letting them get married will do nothing to affect my own standings, but to actively hate gays or ESPECIALLY to kill them, it goes against Christ's teachings. Forgive, tolerate, and if they slap you then turn your head to offer the other cheek. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Anti-Christians (often aggressive atheists who try to push their beliefs on others) seem to refuse to acknowledge all the good that Christians have done in recent decades for the LGBT community, and as for society/civilization? We Caucasian Christians have created the greatest in human history, bar none. I'm proud to be white, and I'm proud to be Christian. Anti-Christians can maintain their beliefs all they want, but those beliefs are fueled by self-inflicted ignorance, for if you look at the Christians in day to day life save for those extremists of the Westborough Baptist Church the vast majority of what you will see is love and tolerance. Now take a trip to the Middle East and surround yourself with Muslims... see how that works out for you.
>>
>>9811377
read Lacan instead. If God is dead - nothing is permitted.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.