[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mediterranean M.E. India

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: RomanStat6.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RomanStat6.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Ask any and all questions related to ancient Greeks, Romans, M.E., or India here faggots.
Are there realiable books about
>Spartacus
>Hannibal Barca
>Alexander the Great
>Julius Caesar
Also any middle eastern or Indian books
>>
>>9810587
>it's another "nords try to take credit for meds creating western civilization" episode
>>
This is a stupidly broad topic, you ought to be ashamed. Why do neither the phrase "proto-Indo-European" nor a synonym ever appear in your post?
>>
File: Romans.jpg (272KB, 645x964px) Image search: [Google]
Romans.jpg
272KB, 645x964px
>>9810603
Oh shove it, there's redheads all over Europe.
>>
>>9810587
>Spartacus
Diodorus Siculus
>Hannibal Barca
Livy
>Alexander the Great
Arrian
>Julius Caesar
Plutarch's Life and Gallic Wars, Civil Wars

>India
John Keay
>Middle East
So broad that this >>9810605 is the only valid response
>>
File: GrecoBactrianKingdom.jpg (271KB, 1200x819px) Image search: [Google]
GrecoBactrianKingdom.jpg
271KB, 1200x819px
>>9810587

Any good lit propounding back and forth influences between Hellenic/Diadochi Greeks and India in terms of either Aesthetics or Philosophy?

Also
>>
>>9810629
Holt, Frank Lee. (1999). Thundering Zeus: The Making of Hellenistic Bactria. Berkeley: University of California Press
>>
>>9810643
>Holt, Frank Lee. (1999). Thundering Zeus: The Making of Hellenistic Bactria. Berkeley: University of California Press

Seems legit. Hell, seems tantalizing. Have you read it though, or have you merely outgoogled me? Don't break my heart anon..
>>
>>9810658
https://libgen.pw/download.php?id=876372

Unfortunately it seems to have huge amounts of footnotes, but at least it is well cited
>>
>>9810677
What's unfortunate about footnotes outside of Infinite Jest? Are you stupid?
>>
>>9810691
I prefer chapter endnotes with links, half page footnotes are unaesthetic and jarring even when Gibbon does them
>>
>>9810677

Holy hell, thanks anon!

Any other books that you've read that you just kinda want to recommend? From those topics you've listed, anyones you just want to talk about?
>>
File: RomanStat8.jpg (64KB, 656x489px) Image search: [Google]
RomanStat8.jpg
64KB, 656x489px
So basically there's no good books of credible sources on
>spartacus
>hannibal
or
>alexander the great past a few books that aren't even solely based on them.
Best I could find is a few pages of either books written by Siculus, Livius, or Arrian with like 10 pages dedicated to the above men and 200+ other pages to men I don't care for.
I'm not buying any of these books.
All other books are modern sources and festered with modern irregularities.
>>
>>9810699
Fucking queer
>>
>>9810852
You'd probably be interested in those other men after you start reading about them
>>
>>9810612
Those don't even look like Romans.
If you think the majority of Romans were blonde you need a basic education.
Stop looking at details when you don't even know who the fuck you're talking about.
>>
File: RomanStat1.jpg (27KB, 300x574px) Image search: [Google]
RomanStat1.jpg
27KB, 300x574px
>>9810922
Don't be mad anon.
>>
>>9810612
Hahahah bro nordics and Germans were living in mud huts when the Romans were at the height of their power. Even though most of it was adopted from Mediterranean and ME cultures, Northern Europeans only seriously start to become their own with Charlemagne, anything before that they were ignorant destroyers. And they only started to be taken seriously by the ME in 16th century and the East Asians by the 18th. Anything after that I'll give them credit obviously, but before those centuries they were 'literally who?' teir or 'these fucking annoying pests' tier
>>
>>9811024
No better than black people claiming Scipio was black because his bust was black. Northern Europeans have ruled the world for almost 300 years, why do they feel the need to claim anything of importance in history they have no relation to?
>>
>>9810852
Arrian literally wrote the Anabasis of Alexander, which is about 3-400 pages just on him you fucking pseud.

Spartacus is a slave so no one cares. And Livy wrote what today is about 700 pages on the second punic war. Fuck you.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.