[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /fit/ and /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 16

Who here /fit/ and /lit/?
>>
File: sip27.jpg (692KB, 1200x1586px) Image search: [Google]
sip27.jpg
692KB, 1200x1586px
Checkin in
>>
>>9810041
Just got back from a chest/tri day at the gym. Going to finish reading Deuteronomy now.

Being /fitlit/ is truly the best.
>>
File: fitlit.jpg (150KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fitlit.jpg
150KB, 1400x1000px
'sup bro
>>
>>9810043
>Tfw the store next to my gym only has orange and green sips
>>
>>9810041
Getting there.
>>
File: studyform.jpg (192KB, 745x960px) Image search: [Google]
studyform.jpg
192KB, 745x960px
>>
>>9810174
Hadn't seen this one yet. Definitely one of my favorite memes.
>>
>>9810061
orange is acceptable
>>
>>9810254
Orange is g8 but is green any good? Never tried one
>>
File: w.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
Hey /fitlit/
I used to be in pretty decent shape, but as an undergrad I became scrawny and malnourished to the point that I think I gave myself a permanent injury that I'm just getting under control. My body is absolutely fucked to the point that curling some old 25 lb dumbells is a struggle. It's pretty scary to see how shitty my body is now. Is it possible for me to get back in shape primarily or entirely with bodyweight exercise? I wouldn't mind going to the gym in the future, but not while I'm in Somalian mode.
>>
>>9810268
Check out reviewbrah's review for it to get a good opinion.
>>
Just got back from the gym.

Did my PT workout today. cranked out
200 pushups
180 crunches
60 pullups
5 mile run.

Ankles killing me though. About to read another 30-40 pages of The Consumer.
>>
>>9810372
>60 pullups

ht/wt?
>>
>>9810399
6'3, 210 lbs.

Didn't do them consecutively. First set was 15. Then 12. Then 10. Then like 8 and so forth. I did them at the end of my workout so I was beat. Arms are jelly right now
>>
>>9810320
Just go to the gym in Somalian mode. You'll get faster gains there than if you did bodyweight exercises. And the regulars there will be helpful and praise you as you get some gains. Don't worry about being the smallest guy there, because gymlosophy states that there's always going to be someone smaller. I saw someone benching with a 20lb curl bar the other day. I genuinely did not know what to think about that one.
>>
>>9810320
Getting fit from skellington mode is so much better than if you're fat. You'll look shredded af with minimal gains.
>>
>>9810372
>no squats

LOL
>>
>>9810435
I was underweight when I started training and I was down to 4% bf and up to 20% bmi within a few months. Gains from nothing is genuinely the best.
>>
>>9810442
Bad knee, fucked up ankle, and I ran 5 miles.

Who the fuck does squats every day anyways?
>>
>>9810442
Yeah he's that one guy at the gym that's always either on the mat or at the ab machines and never looks any different.
>>
>>9810456
>ab machines
>mat

The mat is for stretching. The ab machine is for females.

Where you live brody? You should come to the gym with me if you happen to be in central MA.
>>
>>9810410
Nice. I haven't been that fit in years feels bad desu. Getting them jumping pull ups and negatives in. Careful with your shoulder rotators my dude.
>>
>>9810041
I keep telling myself that I'll utilize the gym and start running once I get to college. We'll see if I keep that promise
>>
>>9810503
Thanks dude, but they are already pretty fucked. Just crack and creak 24/7. Right now I'm doing manual labor as a technician (finish work in carpentry) so I feel it after a few hours of hammering away and chiseling shit.

That being said I wouldn't pass on this for another dreary office job for years.
>>
>>9810465
I'm in SC right now unfortunately.

I actually rarely see females using the ab machines at my gym. It's a little weird.
>>
File: 1484235752573.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484235752573.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>9810327
On it m8
>>
I work out. But I'm never gonna make it.

;_;
>>
Hey Thaddeus if you're in this thread, fuck you faggot!
>>
>>9810174
Unironically me in the top
>>
Depends on what you mean by /fit/. I jog, do pull-ups and am pretty proud of myself for not eating any 'sweets' other than the daily granola. I don't feel the need to look like someone from a bodybuilding magazine, though. From most to least, I'm more of an /out/, /v/, /lit/, /fit/ kind of guy.
>>
>>9810951
>Not wanting to leave humanity behind both mentally and physically

You're never gonna make it brah
>>
>>9810957
I'm not sure what you mean. Cheers, though.
>>
>>9810951
>he's not /k/

up against the wall, citizen. your district has been selected for population management. thank you for your cooperation.
>>
>>9810979
You certainly are not /fit/ then.

>>9810980
kek, haven't been to /k/ in a while, need to venture out that way.
>>
i exercise daily but probably drink too much to be truly /fit/
>>
>>9811001
Just go balls to the wall when you workout and you won't have to do it everyday.

The only reason to do it everyday is if you are not challenging your body daily or are juicing.
>>
>>9810994
Must be a /fit/ meme. You're right, I don't actually browse /fit/. I'm a pragmatist.
>>
>>9811004
i alternate between cardio and lifting, and if i don't get some sort of physical activity in for the day i feel worthless.
>>
>>9810577
we're all gonna make it brah
>>
>>9811013
>On 4chan
>On /lit/
>Pragmatist

Honey what is you doin....
>>
5x4 dips and pull-ups
2x7 presses and rows
4x9 squats
2x15 abs

going to read suzuki and bo carpelan today
>>
>>9810041
JUST got back from my 30 minute run. It always gets me energized late at night. Can read for longer after I get back. Not sure about the science to this though. Just how I feel.
>>
>>9811062
I've been lifting for years. I'm still DYEL.
>>
>>9811105
Increase your weight. You will tend to eat more this way, as well, unless you're autismo and mechanically eat the same thing/amount every day.
>>
>>9811127
>eat more
But that is the opposite of what I want to do.

Also, deadlifts took me to snap city in 2013 and I've never been able to do heavy squats or dreads since.
>>
File: bugseyes.png (153KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
bugseyes.png
153KB, 248x459px
>>9811144
Sorry bout the injury anon. I mean eat more lean protein and greens. After a few easy plateaus your body stops gaining mass without significant discipline over where you started.

Increasing the weight will build muscle, which raises your daily caloric need. Doesn't have to be a drastic increase, and ideally its on a large muscle group like your glute and quads. Especially if that area is underdeveloped or atrophied. Try some leg press if you can.

just a random lifting anon, feel free to ignore
>>
>>9811180
Bugs... e-easy on the carrots.
>>
>>9811180
I do leg press and lunges. Lately I've been trying some bodyweight stuff, trying to work up to pistol squats. I've just been at the same plateau for years because I'm too fat to want to bulk, but can't lose the last ten or fifteen pounds because alcohol and food are my only source of pleasure in life.
>>
>>9810041
Does trying count? Because in reality I'm more of a dyel in former and pseud in latter.
>>
>>9811090
It has been well known for thousands of years that exercise increases your brain functioning. I remember my teachers back in middle school telling the class to do some cardio in the morning before big tests.
>>
>>9810061
Assault and Java are fine
>>
I started playing soccer last year and lifting weights again a few weeks ago. Since I started playing soccer, my ankles and feet have stopped having serious tendon problems, and I've been losing weight. I'm excited about getting into weight lifting. I didn't realize how much I had neglected my core until that point.

My biggest concern is that I'll start increasing weight before my form is correct. I tend to favor one side of my body over another when putting on too much weight deadlifting. It's weird because I know I can lift more, but not without causing hip problems.

I'm hoping to start reading again soon. It's been nice to take a break this summer, but I want to fix my concentration problems. I stopped smoking weed about 4 months ago, and now I'm trying to stop drinking (or rather cut down a lot), and that's been a much bigger challenge. Especially after playing soccer for a few hours, a few beers are super refreshing, but quickly it undoes the exercise I just did. I've lost 15 pounds already this summer, but ideally I want to lose another 30.
>>
>>9811414
Sorry another 15. Another 30 would be unhealthy.
>>
>>9811195
Cut out the booze and keep the food if you must. Alcohol wrecks progress
>>
>>9811414
If you're worried about your form just get some of the gym bros to help you out. They're always more than willing to help. Nobody wants to see someone hurt themselves. Form is way more important than weight.

Also, cut out the alcohol. I don't drink at all and neither do the guys I lift with at the gym. Alcohol is such a meme aside from some wine every now in then. There are far more tastier drinks that are non-alcoholic. Might I recommend some white sips?
>>
>>9810174
more like this
>>
i just did muh 5x5 squat, bench, deads, rows, and military presses for a few months and transformed from a dyel to a ripped chad drowning in vagina. took me 20 minutes per workout (30 at absolute MOST), three times a week. eating enough food was the hardest part.

lifting is easy as fuck and not a real hobby.
>>
>Not reading The Bible between sets.
>>
>>9811656
>20 minutes for compound barbell exercises
Here's how I know you're lying. You have to be doing easy weight and not pushing yourself to go that fast. And not doing other movements/dumbbell sets is going to severely reduce gains.
>>
>>9810174
>implying nerds are dumb and jocks are smart
I love it
>>
File: recommended routine.png (355KB, 2485x3512px) Image search: [Google]
recommended routine.png
355KB, 2485x3512px
>>9810372
why would you exercise like that? it only increases your endurance and does little for your strength
read overcoming gravity or try this routine
>>
>>9810372
>paying for gym membership and only doing exercises you can do at home for free
>>
File: fitlit.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fitlit.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
sup faggots
>>
Who here /liftsforapairofweeksthenforgetsaboutitandrepeateveryyear/
>>
>>9811576
I'm not sure if you understand. The hip flexors on one side of my body are stronger than the hip flexors on the other side. If I load heavier weights, then my weak side stops doing anything and my dominant side takes the majority of the weight. I can tell when this happens. It's not a matter of having other people watch. It's very clear to myself when this happens, so while I work on rehabbing the weak side, I have to content myself with doing lower weights with higher reps until my weak side fatigues.

Alcohol is nice. There's a thriving craft beer scene in my city, and it's fun to try new brews. However, I started brewing my own kombucha this week to give myself something else fermented to drink that is much healthier and too low in alcohol to get you drunk. Either way, I've cut my drinking down significantly since the beginning of the summer, and as long as I can keep the amount I drink down, I'll be content. I don't think it's something that should be avoided 100%. If by white sips, you mean that Monster energy zero flavor (I don't go to /fit/, don't quite understand this meme), it's not bad, but why would I want to replace a depressant like alcohol with an upper? I already drink coffee and have trouble getting to sleep at a regular time.
>>
>>9812083

I lift for three, drink for two, then be depressed for four. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>9810057
why is Pindar Olympian Odes Pythians Odes a /fit/ and /lit/ book ?
>>
File: 1500529074605.jpg (61KB, 960x383px) Image search: [Google]
1500529074605.jpg
61KB, 960x383px
Someone say /fitlit/?
>>
I cycle 10 kilometers three times a week and read books. I am a Greek god.
>>
File: greek god.jpg (27KB, 320x301px) Image search: [Google]
greek god.jpg
27KB, 320x301px
>>9812517
>>
>>9811673
goals
>>
>>9811332
Basically everyone in this Thread
>>
>>9812507
>physcial
just MAYBE old Soccy should've learned to READ or WRITE first before criticizing others! Phe-ew!
>>
>>9812517
I've bicycled 400km this week
Come at me bra
>>
File: 1466814649166.jpg (84KB, 500x771px) Image search: [Google]
1466814649166.jpg
84KB, 500x771px
>>9810041
>/fit/
>/lit/
>/sci/
>/biz/
>6'2

99% of 4chan is jelly of me.
>>
>>9812991
I suggest you immediately reveal the size of your penis
>>
>>9813033
7 inches, thick
>>
>>9813046
Good heavens.
>>
File: FITLIT-clean.jpg (97KB, 650x464px) Image search: [Google]
FITLIT-clean.jpg
97KB, 650x464px
>>9810041
I began /fit/ when the April Fools prank merged us together. I read Yukio Mishima's 'Sun and Steel', which inspired me to take to weights. I've been committed to the gym for the last month plus, doing Reg Park's Beginner Lifting Routine, with some modifications. I increased my protein and water consumption, and, boy, did that make a difference.

My issue is that, deep down, I hate both /lit/ and /fit/. I long for the double board. Part of me is interested in starting some sort of parallel forum dedicated to /fitlit/ - taking the best of the both.

My side ambition is compiling literature which truly exalts the physical world: Mishima, Spinoza, Holderlin, Nietzsche. I'm looking for philosophers who exalt the physical, or are pantheists, and literaries who see glory of the physical form and its cultivation. Any recommends would be appreciated.
>>
>>9812991
>/biz/
Ruined desu
That board is trash
>>
>>9812991
>>9813046
>he's 5'9" like me
>>
>>9813163
I hear Evola is good. Traditionalists will always extol physical strength
>>
>>9813173
I know, but cryptos bought me a flat.
>>
>>9812053
NO FUCKIN WAY
SS Captain and Anti Fragility Wizard cruising and bamboozin?!?!?!
>>
>>9813163
>>9813184
Yeah, Traditionalism is the direction I am moving towards, however, when I think of Evola, I see a sense of the Spiritual (rather than the Divine), which I find repugnant. This assumption is made without having read him at any great length.
>>
File: nassim-taleb.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
nassim-taleb.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>>9813196
Rippetoe is Taleb's trainer
>>
>>9813215
> I see a sense of the Spiritual (rather than the Divine), which I find repugnant.

You're not even wrong. What happens with everyone who ends up reading Evola, is that they figure out what he's saying, think it's either heretical bullshit or just stupid or both.
>>
>>9813270
WHAT!
omg that's crazy

Imagine if Sandow was Heideggers personal Trainer lol I would kill for that picture of Martin at a squat rack
>>
>>9810041
>The morning after Goethe's death, a deep desire seized me to look once again upon his earthly garment. His faithful servant, Frederick, opened for me the chamber in which he was laid out. Stretched upon his back, he reposed as if asleep; profound peace and security reigned in the features of his sublimely noble countenance. The mighty brow seemed yet to harbour thoughts. I wished for a lock of his hair; but reverence prevented me from cutting it off. The body lay naked, only wrapped in a white sheet; large pieces of ice had been placed near it, to keep it fresh as long as possible. Frederick drew aside the sheet, and I was astonished at the divine magnificence of the limbs. The breast was powerful, broad, and arched; the arms and thighs were elegant, and of the most perfect shape; nowhere, on the whole body, was there a trace of either fat or of leanness and decay.

Is he dare I say /ourguy/?
>>
>>9810372
Why did you go to the gym to do bodyweight exercises?

I'm usually not in the business of calling people liars on the internet but that makes no goddamn sense
>>
semi-/fitlit/ here

>7+ mile run everyday
>tbw squats included with 'meh, it's kinda heavy but not really' weights every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
>no cheat days
>no added sugar
>reading at least 100 pages a week

it feels nice
>>
Since summer began I've started lifting and increased my protein intake. However I still get drunk 3 or 4 nights a week. Will I ever cultivate an aesthetic physique with these habits?
>>
File: DrunkNotFat.jpg (254KB, 564x1677px) Image search: [Google]
DrunkNotFat.jpg
254KB, 564x1677px
>>9813608
Depends on what you are getting drunk off of and how much. I would say challenge yourself to limit your drunkenness to once or twice a week, or just reduce your nightly intake by one drink.
Otherwise, it will affect you physically. I mean, drinking a lot of alcohol decreases testosterone.

>>9813488
Goethe has always been our guy. The man is brilliant and cared about the physical world more than almost any other thinker of his caliber.

>>9813448
Heidegger > Taleb
Sandow > Rippetoe

>>9813418
Ah, well, I feel glad that I am not the only one who feels this way. I probably will get a hold of a copy of 'Ride the Tiger' one day, but for all intents and purposes, other thinkers probably rank ahead of Evola in regards to the body and other fields of concern.
>>
>>9813519
>>9811840

I lift. Just not every day. That would be retarded.

That being said if I stay home good luck getting me off my computer or out of bed or off the couch etc. etc.

I can't workout at home. I don't see the point. My home is fantastic for just lounging. And that's exactly what I do here.
>>
>>9812517
> cycles 10 km

Booii I run that daily.
>>
>>9813190
Is litecoin worth getting into right now? I missed out on the Etherium coin when it was worth like a fucking dollar and I'm still angry as balls because of it.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.