[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it overdone to write a short story satirizing the crippling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0564.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0564.gif
2MB, 425x481px
Is it overdone to write a short story satirizing the crippling inefficiency of bureaucracy?
>>
>>9808822
Is it overdone to post le epic meme frogs?

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>9808829
>do I fit in yet guys?
>>
>>9808822
i think writing a story just to regurgitate the most frequently repeated right-wing political postulate of the last few decades is kind of a waste of time, yes. what's satirical about being a reaganite?
>>
>>9808868
I'm far from right-wing, and the story is not written from any particular political viewpoint; I'm more concerned with the alienation of man from self experienced through impersonal institutions
>>
File: deepthinker.jpg (13KB, 430x322px) Image search: [Google]
deepthinker.jpg
13KB, 430x322px
>>9808822
Like Kafka?
>>
>>9808898
you're writing in a context where the political right has advocated the downsizing of social institutions because of bureaucratic inefficiency for decades. you can't escape this connection just by thinking of yourself as apolitical. you can't be kafka because you don't live in the time of kafka.
>>
>>9808932
What a narrow-minded point of view. You're claim boils down to "because other people criticize this institution for one reason, you can't criticize it for another." Sheer idiocy. Regardless of whatever connection you perceive, an intelligent reader should be able to separate two different critiques, even if they share the same target. Using your logic, Adorno and Gramsci would be reactionaries.
>>
>>9808822
It depends entirely on the execution. Everyone already knows that bureaucracy is inefficient so if that's the only point you're trying to make it is hackneyed however if you were to use bureaucracy's inefficiency to illustrate some larger point it could be successful.
>>
>>9808964
you're misunderstanding me. i'm not saying you can't have a critique of state institutions that's distinct from a reaganite one, i'm saying that op's claim to be "apolitical" about it is misguided and would lead to him unintentionally supporting the dominant right-wing narrative.
>>
>>9809019
I am OP kemosabe, and again, your statement makes no sense. An existing narrative that critiques an institution does not necessarily exert influence over a new critique. Take the Reformation for example. Both Luther and Calvin criticized similar facets of the Catholic Church, but had radically different ideas on what a reformed church would look like, without even mentioning their more theological disagreements. I doubt Calvin was supporting Luther, or vice versa. I too want a reform of bureaucracy, but my critique isn't remotely right-wing; it is more in the Marxist vein of theory of alienation, as bureaucratic impersonalism has a similar effect as the dehumanizing factory conditions of the 1800s
>>
File: Lewis1.jpg (39KB, 457x620px) Image search: [Google]
Lewis1.jpg
39KB, 457x620px
>>9808822
It's funny you use that particular Pepe for this post, OP, because bureaucracy is one of the grounding themes of C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters, which is great. Hell is imagined as a giant, soulless bureaucracy stuffed with aides, desk jockeys, and middle managers. And of course since the lower-level demon never actually accomplishes his goal of corrupting the man he's assigned to, I suppose it's in part a satire of bureaucratic failure.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.