[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know nothing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: ThinkstockPhotos-485439414.jpg (925KB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
ThinkstockPhotos-485439414.jpg
925KB, 1000x598px
Today, a thought struck me. I read a lot of books: philosophy, novels, poetry, from the past up to our days. I feel like I know nothing, that I should restart from the beginning. Again. And that there are too many topics worth studying: mathematics, physics, biology, astronomy, medicine, architecture, history...
Do you ever feel lost, /lit/?
>>
>>9808001
start with the greeks, faggot
>>
>>9808001
Stop reading. Start thinking.
>>
>>9808003
I read the greeks. I want to start again, though.
>>9808004
yea
>>
>>9808010
>Stop reading. Start thinking.
>>9808004
>>9808001
Go outside. Sit down and look at your surroundings. Look at the people. Look at the birds and squirrels and trees. Look at the sky. Walk. Look at the ground under your feet. Feel the ground. Stomp, jump, skip. Hear the sounds. Feel the sun on your skin. Go inside. Feel the change in atmosphere. Look at your house. Look at your room. Sit on your couch and look at the wall. Lie down and look at the ceiling. Hear the hum of the room. See the static in your vision. Close your eyes. Breath deeply. Think about where you are. Who you are. What you're doing. Who you were. Who you want to be. Think about the lives of your neighbors, of those walking down the street, and the billions you will never meet. Think about what it means to be human, and what it means to live on Earth. What it means to live in our solar system, in our galaxy, in our universe, in our dimension, with a brain that knows that something exists outside of your immediate awareness. Think of the fact that it is real, not your imagination. Think about human history. Think about Earth's history. Think about the millions of years that have preceded our existence, and the millions of years that will follow it. Think about the shortness of our lives, and what it means to live as we are living, and what it will mean in the future, and what it can mean if we choose to live differently in any variety of ways.

Do this for minutes first. Then try for a few hours. Then try to spend the majority of your time thinking in this way. This is how you will learn what there is to know. Use your God given gift, and use it often.
>>
>>9808038
>Think about human history. Think about Earth's history. Think about the millions of years that have preceded our existence

How. It might have been just a dream
>>
File: large.jpg (114KB, 465x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
114KB, 465x720px
>>9808038
mystic /lit/ kicks ass
>>
>>9808056
>it might have been just a dream
Is this a sincere thought?
>>9808101
This is rational/lit/, friend.
>>
>>9808136
kek. How can I think about Earth's history
>>
>>9808144
Think about what you know. Then think about what you don't know. Just try. There's no trick to it, you just have to start from scratch.
>>
>>9808038
How useful is this? My mind is constantly wandering through these topics if I'm not distracted, but it feels no where near as productive as reading
>>
>>9808038
Anon, what in your opinion, is the meaning of love? Tell me as much as you'd like, I loved reading what you just wrote.
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-6124-1362695510-7.jpg (18KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-6124-1362695510-7.jpg
18KB, 500x400px
>>9808136
>This is rational/lit/, friend

>be you
>be rational/lit/
>see hopeless demented mystic fuckup lost in meme kaleidoscopic wilderness standing on street corner & shouting at traffic wearing sandwich board that says Love or Something I Think & is covered with alchemical symbols
>be talking about chill nondual coolness
>perception test [success]: the memewad appears to be interested in what you are saying
>>
>>9808038
this is nice
>>
>>9808155
It's natural for your mind to wander, but if your goal is knowledge, not mere wonder, you have to think uninterrupted for long periods. Distraction is the bane of the thinking man. The reason you wonder about these things but never reach any satisfactory conclusion is because you don't allow yourself time to think properly. We don't really realize how little we allow ourselves to think until we are forced to do it, like on a long car or plane ride, or before we go to sleep or after we wake up, or if we are in prison. Of course, thinking for hours or days on end isn't necessary for thinking. You can think for 5 minutes without distractions and come out with some sort of satisfaction. All you need to do is stop distracting yourself for once.

>>9808158
I'm sorry, but I don't have a good answer for an abstract question like that. I had a good day today so I am better at thinking than usual, but that is a question beyond my abilities. But, I suppose I can try. I would say that love is unity, or oneness. That is, the experience of absolute connection with another thing. A realization of the fact that we are not alone in the universe, that we have a solace, whatever it may be - a rock, a cat or a human, or the whole world or universe. The sages all say that true love is unity with all things, and ultimate bliss in the experience of that oneness.
>>
>>9808191
>A realization of the fact that we are not alone in the universe, that we have a solace, whatever it may be - a rock, a cat or a human, or the whole world or universe.

I've said those very words in a less diverse context than yours to my girlfriend the other day when we were about to break-up. I gave her the option and she chose to stay.
Do you think our minds think alike due to our brains consisting and growing in the same universe, thus creating a common experience that inspires our minds into such thoughts, surpassing the differences we create such as languages/countries/backgrounds because in a way, we entertain our thoughts about some ideas or concepts that lead us to a universal answer that not we who answer it, but the answer is laid down upon us?

It's sort of magical. I love your thinking, I've been having a rough day but the stream of thoughts your writing evoked are appreciated.
>>
>>9808038
>>9808191
Ahhh, just the right words to hit the spot. You've given me words to something i've been doing for the last year or so. Tell me another story, anon, so I have more words.
>>
I cant fathom how love can exist in oneness and unity, this thread reaks of new age bullshit with no substance.
>>
>>9808158
Love is a lie propagated by the kikes in hollywood
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.