[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start with the Greeks Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>start with the Greeks
Why?
>>
>>9806510
start with the Sumerians
>>
>>9806510
Because it was in Greece that western civilization started
>>
>>9806513
>>9806510
Start with the preliterate cavemen. Seriously. Cave paintings of prey are a way of magical thinking, willing their food to appear or telling tales of a great hunt. Like the cargo cults of Melanesia constructing runways and mimicking radio comms to will more air dropped supplies into existence.

Start with the trope of the hunter, then the tamer of beasts. Bam. You're at Gilgamesh already. Hop and a skip and you're into Orpheus. Then continue with the Greeks.
>>
>>9806516
but that'd imply you should just read from the Greeks and up through the generations until today, which would take forever unless you really restricted what you chose to read.
>>
>>9806522
>>but that'd imply you should just read from the Greeks and up through the generations until today
This is exactly what you should do. You just read the most influential works, and the ones you're interested in.
>>
>>9806526
you're telling people to go through like 300 generations of humanity for ???
>>
>>9806510
start with Aztecs
>>
>>9806549
It would be nice if we could make a "start with the Americas" one, with Maya, Incan, Aztec and perhaps some North-American indians
But I would like "start with the" from other regions as well like Northern-European for example
>>
>>9806537
Go back to video games then you idiot.
>>
if you're british, start with the Anglo-Saxons

then afterwards you can go to the romans
then if you're interested in romans, the greeks

anglo-saxons = start of england
romanisation under the empire had failed so its values weren't present and england began as pagan
>>
>>9807267
>1500 years of shitty royal infighting before the magna carta.

England should have been nuked in ww2. At least they kind of adopted roman law after a time, but when people think of what was the shittiest most violent and oppressive place in the middle ages answer: England.
>>
>>9806510
Idk why they always say that, I started with The Hungry Caterpillar
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.