[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art colonies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: yaddo.jpg (495KB, 1250x800px) Image search: [Google]
yaddo.jpg
495KB, 1250x800px
Artist communities. Who's been to one? Or lived there? What was the application process like? Were you personally invited? Was your time productive? Did you find it fulfilling? Are they still relevant after the internet?

Basically I want to be a sandaled student of high art walking in gardens and writing immortal words but I think that capitalism and technology have made that romantic vision obsolete. Say it ain't so, Anon.
>>
sounds gay
>>
>inb4 being a squatter junkie in Amsterdam sharing a toilet with 20 people and spray painting political nonsense onto fine art counts as an art colony
>>
>>9806501
it would be very gay indeed, yes. back to your dorito feed bag pleb.
>>
>>9806498
>Basically I want to be a sandaled student of high art walking in gardens and writing immortal words but I think that capitalism and technology have made that romantic vision obsolete.

Funny, nothing in this sentence said that you wanted to actually make art (you just want to be around art and have the appearance of an artist). Doesn't seem like an artist colony is for you. Or maybe, it does.
>>
>>9806568
He's as hollow as capitalism itself. Someone pretending to be someone else for outside appearances. A pseudoartist or pseud, for short.
>>
>>9806568
I have written many poems, and daubed oodles of canvas. I've climbed ziggurats and sat in dugout toilets round the globe. If you can't answer my questions kindly refrain from disrupting my internet post. Thank you.
>>
>Artist communities
What are you even referring to? Universities? Local art centres? Hippie communes?
>>
>>9806498
I would like it such a place, if the people probably wherent the most pedantic type of egocentrics around.
Seriosly, living in these communities must be a absolute nightmare if you dont share the same views with the majority of itteligentisia (fuck it how is written) or just don't have a massive ego 'bout yourself
>>
>>9806634
>egocentric
and incompetent
>>
>>9806498
More importantly where do artists hang out these days? What's today's NYC in the 80's or early 20th century Paris?
>>
If you can't churn out quality work on a shitty laptop in a shitty apartment in a shitty city, you frankly don't deserve to be in an artist community.
>>
File: (you).jpg (8KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
8KB, 270x187px
>>9806685
You're swimming in it familia.

>>9806686
Can I be on 4chan?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.