[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no mention of my niggah Henry Miller in this board lets fix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Henry-Miller.jpg (29KB, 283x380px) Image search: [Google]
Henry-Miller.jpg
29KB, 283x380px
>no mention of my niggah Henry Miller in this board
lets fix this
What's your favourite work from this controvesial author?
I would have to say Sexus followed closely by the colossus of amarussion(read it in Greek, don't know the english name). Sexus in particular is one of the few media that has made me get an erection, cried, and laughed. And his anger at the coworkers that didn't appreciate the Odyssey guy was amazing
>>
Have only read the Tropics and Black Spring but Tropic of Cancer is my favorite book. I'm looking forward to reading the Cosmological eye soon
>>
>>9801903
It's Maroussi in the Original English title, good book. Favorite by him is Cancer, though.
>>
>>9801903
Cancer, Capricorn and Black Spring as well here. I remember finding Cancer pretty repetitive at times, but I enjoyed the lexical experimentation of Capricorn. It made me laugh a great deal, and he also impressed me by his sheer willingness to exhaust the English language and our patience by expounding infinitely on the subject of copulation and a woman's quim. Black Spring is pretty great as well too. All in all, Miller's one hell of a honky.
>>
>>9802019
Cancer's gritty, dirty, earthy. One seriously gets the feel and especially the smell of Paris at that time. Capricorn does have the sex, but something happened to Miller's style after Cancer. He became more metaphorical, cleaner, more interested in the event, less in the surround. This may have been the result of confidence achieved, and perhaps writing too quickly. imo.
>>
Has anyone read the rosy crucifixion
>>
>>9801903
Bukowski is the poor man's Miller
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.