[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

authors confirmed for psychedelics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Gilles_Deleuze.jpg (10KB, 279x200px) Image search: [Google]
Gilles_Deleuze.jpg
10KB, 279x200px
which authors have taken psychedelics? not looking for people who made it their whole identity or even wrote about it—thinking more like shakespeare with pot.

is this remotely accurate:

http://highexistence.com/hidden-psychedelic-influence-philosophy-plato-nietzsche-psychonauts-thoughts/
>>
>>9801573
To the untrained mind french continental philosophy might look strange but it's really not, you're just a brainlet.
>>
>>9801588
hey, dumb faggot, that's not what i'm saying
>>
File: SkyProductFeature.jpg (16KB, 812x451px) Image search: [Google]
SkyProductFeature.jpg
16KB, 812x451px
>Outsight was the greatest thing that never happened in psychedelia. The project was planned in the 1950s by Humphrey Osmond, neurophilosopher John Smythies, and author Aldous Huxley. The objective was to collect, as Osmond briefed, ‘personal reflections on the experience of taking mescaline by 50 to 100 notable subjects in philosophy, literature and science.’[50] These leading intellectuals included C. D. Broad, A. J. Ayer, H. H. Price, J. C. Ducasse, Gilbert Ryle, Carl Jung, Albert Einstein, and novelist Graham Greene. A lot of interest was shown by these figures but, alas, the funding for Outsight was never awarded—a rejection the organizers blamed partly on the stuffy reductivism of the time.

>it was certainly unfortunate that the first wave of psychedelia occurred concomitantly with the point where the philosophy of mind was at its most reductive. That is, at the point in the West where the intelligentsia favoured, spurned on by arguments in linguistic philosophy and in psychology, a view which reduced the mind to mere verbal confusion, function, physical behaviour or physical identity. Were an Outsight re-proposed today, with our less-reductive and multifarious theories as to the mind-matter relation—the ‘world-knot’ as Schopenhauer called it—funding may be more forthcoming.

>unfortunate
that's putting it mildly. the record of a mass psychedelic wave rolling through oxbridge & elsewhere & thoroughly rinsing the greatest minds in analytic philosophy would be the comfort read of the year

>whereof one cannot speak, thereof one might be tripping one's fucking balls off
>>
>>9801606
fugg
>>
>>9801593
No, that's what I'm saying you're saying.
>>
How to understand Deleuze? He's fucking difficult.
>>
>>9801625
todd may's introduction book is a good place to start
>>
File: mask_of_sadness_by_marlowlover.jpg (16KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
mask_of_sadness_by_marlowlover.jpg
16KB, 300x361px
>>9801613
>were an Outsight re-proposed today
>were an Outsight re-proposed today
where do i have to sign up. do they take fuckface loser slobs. i will bring food

>ywn play lsd-fuelled mythopoetic laser tag w/ peterson, land, harris & zizek and unfold the schopenhaurian world-knot as balls-out lunacy
>rescue your father from the underworld j-pete says
>i can't fucking do it my man they have me pinned down over here
>rescue your father goddamnit

man fuck this gay earth sometimes
>>
>shakespeare with pot.
What the FUCK are you talking about?
>>
huxley, michaux, baudelaire, me
>>
>>9801614
>making things up about someone's thought
that's very Deleuzian of you

>>9801573
>is this remotely accurate?
>highexistence.com
what do you think?
>>
>>9801669
laser tag
>>
>>9801669
>taking LSD with Land

Ya. Good luck with that. He's probably gonna freak out and kill you
>>
File: skytag_logo_HDR.png (15KB, 450x150px) Image search: [Google]
skytag_logo_HDR.png
15KB, 450x150px
>>9801879
pew pew

>>9801901
i can handle land. he's no spring chicken any more. if he starts getting wicked flashbacks to the CCRU and turns into a werewolf or something i think i can outrun him

ideally you would want to design something like a trip for each one of these guys tho. i doubt harris would be into laser tag, he seems more like a meditate in the mountains kind of guy. i'm fine with this. peterson, it's gotta be mushrooms or peyote in the desert. something shamanic.

zizek i line up the biggest rails i can get my hands on and we play super-intense ping-pong and i ask him about the history of structuralism in france.

i love thinking about this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.