[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's the writing career coming, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 5968872.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5968872.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
How's the writing career coming, /lit/?
>>
File: shmrk.jpg (31KB, 472x461px) Image search: [Google]
shmrk.jpg
31KB, 472x461px
>tfw just finished ANOTHER poem for my book
>>
gave it up when i realized how gay of a desire it was to want to be a writer. i think celine had it right basically.
>>
Starting to improve after doing some cooywork.
>>
>>9801295
my rpg books are set to be published soon

read my fiction fuck
>>
I got another "encouraging" rejection. The magazine told me that they were "impressed" by my writing, but they still wouldn't publish my story. I seem to get a lot of these. It's become frustrating.
>>
I no longer believe any kind of "career" is possible in literature unless I allow myself to become essentially a tool for some publishing house, probably a minor one, and agree to be a smiling, presentable, mild-mannered guy who hypes himself and his work at every given opportunity.

I am now focusing my attention on writing a novel which I intend to half-heatedly shill on /lit/ and /r9k/ in the hope that word of mouth will allow it some kind of brief meme status.
>>
>>9801295
*hobby
>>
wrote three poems this morning
happy i finally actually did something, instead of thinking about doing something
>>
>>9801302
>finished
it better have went through 3-20 edits or yr lazy

working on my largest project ever, spooky
>>
>>9801391
You and I both know nobody will put in the effort to read a novel someone on /lit/ wrote
>>
>>9801762
definitely not his because it will be shit. but what if someone from /lit/ writes a good one and you miss it because of your prejudice and skepticism?
>>
>>9802052
Obviously the way to do it is the get the novel published first, and then once it's published and somewhat well-known, come back to /lit/ to brag and get fellated and/or enviously hated.
>>
>>9802060
>get the novel published first

that goes without saying. getting fellated and enviously hated sounds intoxicating. I am going to chase this.
>>
Can't finish any work. Too many other distractions and responsibilities.
>>
I was doing well, writing every day. I've since slackened. Just don't have the motivation. I reread what I wrote and think of better ideas. I want to continue these stories but can't get over rewriting the opening again and again.
>>
>>9801762
At this point I only read works produced by e/lit/ists.
>>
I've been writing "something" but I'm unsure what to make of it.
its not so much a book or story as it is a rubbish heap with a plot
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.