[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: literary pet peeves. Shit that gets your goat.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1500655728269.jpg (31KB, 336x285px) Image search: [Google]
1500655728269.jpg
31KB, 336x285px
ITT: literary pet peeves. Shit that gets your goat.
>>
File: 1500660807661.png (206KB, 302x279px) Image search: [Google]
1500660807661.png
206KB, 302x279px
> that kid who said they "read" 1984, Animal Farm, Don Quixote and The Iliad just because they read a couple of pages in class and the teacher explained every word to them

Plenty of these people populate our streets.
>>
abridged editions
>>
File: 1500173320302.gif (2MB, 194x142px) Image search: [Google]
1500173320302.gif
2MB, 194x142px
>people who constantly brag about how they're writing a novel
>people who talk about writing a novel like it would be easy
>tfw they never actually write a novel
>>
>>9799188
"Something," he said adverbly.
"Something else," she replied anotheradverbly.
>>
>>9799198
Fucking this. I don't understand what gives these publishers the idea that it's ok for them to omit pages upon pages of work for no reason. Yeah the unabridged version is longer, but the author didn't put those pages there by fucking mistake.
>>
>>9799188

>spent all weekend enriching /lit/ with objectively patrician posts out of bountiful good cheer
>countless posts, lighting up every thread with graceful insight and inspired creation
>every post ignored in favor or memes or autistic squabbles that have already been acted out thousands of times
>every post ignored b/c none of the plebs here know they're patrician because they need their art packaged and sold to them by authority figures

The absolute state of /lit/
Are there any actually good forums online?
>>
>>9799654
post links to these patrician posts
>>
>1984 wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual!
>The Handmaid's Tail is literally what living in Drumpf's America is like!
>>
>Opening line is a declarative statement or some try hard zinger you could tell the author is extremely proud of.
>>
>>9799669
I think it's pretty common for the opening line to be a declarative statement. Or most lines for that matter.
>>
>>9799188
>gets your goat.
cliches
>>
>>9799193
Tfw i was one of these kids
>>
>>9799654
Memes should be illegal
>>
American colloquialisms
>>
>>9799669
>Opening line is onomatopoeia or some try-hard line about pancakes and golden retrievers you can tell the author is extremely proud of.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.