[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yukio Mishima

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1500427220859.jpg (27KB, 464x713px)
1500427220859.jpg
27KB, 464x713px
Where do i start /lit/
>>
Patriotism
>>
File: mishima_chart.jpg (296KB, 1483x2205px)
mishima_chart.jpg
296KB, 1483x2205px
Here ya go buddy
>>
Disregard the chart and just start with Golden Pavilion or Patriotism. Sailor is a chore to read.
>>
>>9798846
I thought so too until I got a few dozen pages in and I was hooked.
One of my favourite females in any of his books and I felt genuinely sorry for her by the end.
>>
>>9798742
Mishima.. easy on the patriotism.
>>
>>9798805
Any reason to start with sailor rather than patriotism like >>9798846 said. Its 60 pages long and im more into mishima for the nationalistic stuff, miss me with that gay shit desu.
>>
File: kcprtV0.png (535KB, 844x463px) Image search: [Google]
kcprtV0.png
535KB, 844x463px
To everybody too lazy to read his work : go watch "Mishima: a Life in Four Chapters"
>>
>>9798742
Confessions of a Mask
Sound of Waves
Temple of the Golden Pavilion

Then continue to read his other works.
>>
>>9798742
Seppuku
>>
>>9798742
What's it with Mishima and secret holes to watch other people having sex? I get that writers are bound to have recurring themes, but this is oddly specific.
>>
i just bought 'thirst for love' but never see it get mentioned
did i fuck up?
>>
>>9798742
Head down to the local gay club and slap another guy's ass.
>>
>>9799166
when you look through a mask you're looking through holes.
>>
>>9798742
I think his short stories capture his style better than a lot of his novels (since he wasn't the best novelist), but I'm the only one.
>>
>>9798930
Just watch it in addition to reading his works.
>>
>>9798742
I think first you will need to learn Japanese.
>>
>>9799281
Real talk. Why is being an intellectual associated with homosexuality, now and with the Greeks/Romans? Every time I talk to my smartest friend (probs 160IQ) I just get the impression that he's some sort of closet homo.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.