[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book Suggestion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Recommend to me the pieces of literature that will turn what I know about the world upside down and grant me new knowledge and wisdom. I'm looking for some intense shit.

Recent reads:
>The Prince - Niccolo Machiavelli
>The Republic - Plato
> KJV

Fire away, fellas.
>>
>>9797731
> Leviathan - Thomas Hobbes
> Anything from Norberto Bobbio
> The Spirit of Laws - Montesquieu
> Anything from Henry Kissinger, tho Diplomacy and World Order are the best ones
> Everything from Edgar Allan Poe

I could say more things, but I am tired and I think I gave stuff for you for next three mounths or so.
>>
>>9797746
Much appreciated!
>>
>>9797746
Seriously, Leviathan has been one of the most resourceful and greatest reads of my life. I had to read it for a PSCI class in college, and I remember it was extremely tough to get through even though I enjoyed it. But everyone from Milton to Hannah Arendt in literature, philosophy, and political theory bring up Hobbes. I would say he's one of the most necessary philosophers in the vein you're looking at, Leviathan is at least important as The Prince, if not more so.
>>
>>9797758
I started reading Leviathan in my first year of Law College; I may have left the Law College, but Leviathan still is in my heart dearly.
>>
>>9797731
>that pic
I remember this guy. Wasn't he on Poe red or something.
>>
File: kapital.jpg (17KB, 391x600px) Image search: [Google]
kapital.jpg
17KB, 391x600px
Unironically this.
>>
>>9797886

I don't know. Who is that kid and what the hell's wrong with him.
>>
>>9797731
seems like he's under a slaughterhouse maybe? blood and fat seeping through the floor and coagulating? pretty crazy.
>>
>>9798310
>>9798283
he is very obviously shopped into the room, and the pig's head looks transparent/made of 2 layers

probably some edgy /b/tard circa 2007 trying to make a creepypasta
>>
imagine being a home inspector walking into that basement.
>>
File: 1498411139806.jpg (480KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1498411139806.jpg
480KB, 1536x2048px
>>9797731
Simulacra and Simulation - Jean Beaudrillard
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.