[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we pretend to be pseuds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: what we look like.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
what we look like.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
ITT: we pretend to be pseuds
>>
>>9797699

> The joke is that nothing changes
>>
>>9797699
>the conflict echoes to the inner struggle of the main character
>>
>That which is, ultimately, *is* (italics). To change the unchanging is to say what is, isn't. But what is, is.
>>
>>9797699
christopher nolan is a genius, the elon musk of cinema
>>
File: memememe.png (84KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
memememe.png
84KB, 330x330px
Hey look, two identical threads!
>>
What do you mean, "pretend"? After all my reading is that our whole life is mere pretend, did not shakespeare say that the world was a stage, and we mere mummers to grace it?

I think your question is structurally flawed at the deepest level
>>
>>9798608

>mummers

its minstrels you dumb kike
>>
>>9798608
Oh God I can't even tell anymore
>>
>>9798608
>>9798673
have you ever read shakespeare you fucking idiots?
It's "all the world is a stage, and we the people are all but merely acting on it."
>>
>>9798755
i like the part with the beauty of the soul and the analogy of spook

truly elemntary
>>
Great post :) I am quite interested in philosophy myself, though I am devising my own system, so I try to avoid reading anything that might pollute my conceptualization process.
>>
>>9797699
>pretend to be pseuds
You know we're on /lit/, right? It's impossible to pretend to be what you already are.
>>
I get that we're all supposed to have a big self depreciating circle jerk about how we're all pseuds but I'm unironically smarter than the rest of you.
>>
>>9798755
You don't read Shakespeare, you watch him, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>9800225
for you
>>
>>9800220
nice one
>>
>>9798608
10/10
>>
>>9798608

Shakespeare is overrated: has a bad taste of spirit; bad understanding of the soul; insipid philosophy, insufferably psychology. The man could write, sure, but it was a stitchwork of metaphor that should have lost its relevance centuries ago. How can we even read Shakespeare after T.S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, and other obscure poets? T.S. Eliot said in an essay once, "John Donne ... [is] ... Good," (Eliot 34) and I aggree [sic] with him. The man blew Shakespeare out of the waters incarnadine.

Bibliography

Collected Essays of TS Eliot. Eliot, Terrence Spector. 1957, Six Bongs press. [Sic].
>>
File: empath collection.png (92KB, 1342x449px) Image search: [Google]
empath collection.png
92KB, 1342x449px
>>9797699
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.