[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have any philosophy that you consider to be "beautiful"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: A Very Gallant Gentleman.png (467KB, 623x384px) Image search: [Google]
A Very Gallant Gentleman.png
467KB, 623x384px
Do you have any philosophy that you consider to be "beautiful"?

I've always found "A Free Man's Worship" by Bertrand Russell to be extremely beautiful in both style and meaning.
>>
>>9797485
I just love "Leviathan" by Thomas Hobbes to good.
But I think I am more into Norberto Bobbio.
>>
>>9797510
Care to share any excerpts that you enjoy in particular? The Leviathan is a pretty weighty tome
>>
File: JohnLocke.png (709KB, 614x792px) Image search: [Google]
JohnLocke.png
709KB, 614x792px
It's like reading a retarded Shakespeare who learnt punctuation from the Romans.
>>
>>9797525
Sorry m8, I don't realy know them by heart.
Leviathan is pretty weighty when you first start I would say. After a while I found it more easier to read, tho I adimit some parts are pretty dry and boring from time to time (I think that's because it was the way people wrote it at the time).
>>
>>9797625
That's fine dude. What I find best is that if anything comes to mind, just pop what you've got into Google and look around. I can usually find most quote sources that way at least
>>
>>9797631
I usualy don't realy get everything by heart, unless it realy hit me hard (like I read some of Malatesta letters compiled into a small book and it realy got me to change my mind after some self-criticism), and even so, is very hard for me to find me quoting unless is for a work or something that I read it at the time and found it to great to don't quote somewhere.
But thanks to the internet now-a-days, we don't need to keep scanning tomes of 1k pages and so on anymore to find the quotes we need.
>>
Witnessing how Spinoza's Ethics progresses was probably one of the best reading experiences of 2017 for me
>>
>>9797956
Fucking this. Ethics is one of the most beautiful works to exist.
>>
>>9797485
Stoicism, regardless of author.
Not for form or highly intellectual concepts.
It's not as high brow as other philosophies, but it has a bare aesthetic I find appeasing.
It's the simplicity and pragmatism, the way it forms a comprehensive way of living and looking at the world I find beautiful, like the simple beauty of a perfect circle compared to the elaborate beauty of a cathedral's arch.
>>
Unironically Nietzsche.
>>
File: austism.png (227KB, 1411x955px) Image search: [Google]
austism.png
227KB, 1411x955px
>>
>>9798158
I find all Spinoza (what little there is) pleasant.
Off the beaten path, enjoyed Santyana's Scepticism and Animal Faith. He's generally a beautiful writer, although his Aesthetics is drier than dust.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.