[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have interest in poetry, but so far, my trys to find a poet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: editingtheedictiontoeditmylife.png (278KB, 493x295px) Image search: [Google]
editingtheedictiontoeditmylife.png
278KB, 493x295px
I have interest in poetry, but so far, my trys to find a poet who I enjoy (or in general, think I understand what he is saying) have failed again and again.
I think I enjoyed more the epics (like Orlando Furioso, Paradise Lost and Lusiadas).
The only poet I truly liked and re-read from time to time is Baudelaire's "Flowers of Evil".
I truly wish to find more poets to like, any suggestions?
Ps: I do realy enjoy Edgar Allan Poe, like, a lot, have all his works with exception of his poem's. Should I try those?
>>
>>9797320
If you like Baudelaire then check out Lautreamont's Les Chants De Maldoror and Ligotti's I Have A Special Plan For This Word and his collection Death Poems.

I would also recommend a copy of T.S. Eliot's collected poems, you can't go wrong with Prufrock and The Hollow Men.

If you liked the classics (nice to see someone else here likes Os Lusiadas, that book is a masterpiece) then definetely check out Aniara.
>>
>>9797368
Thanks for the suggestions, I will check it out, anon.
>>
Checkout Fernando Pessoa and i second Les Chants de Maldoror
>>
>>9797389
oh yeah, check out Pessoa for sure, he's probably the greatest single poet of the 20th century, though it might be hard to get what's so good about him without knowing portuguese, can't believe i forgot about him.

A Mensagem always seemed like a deconstruction of epic poetry to me (particularly of Os Lusiadas).

And if you want more classics, check out indian epic poems, like the Mahabharata and the Ramayana.

I also love Georges Bataille's poetry, so check out his collected poems and L'anus solaire for more great french poetry that touches on a lot of the same themes as Baudelaire.

Have you read latin poetry like Catulus, Ovid and Virgil? I'm assuming you did since you liked the classics.

Richard Brautigan is great if you're into some melancholic, funny free verse.
>>
>>9797417
>>9797389
I don't realy mind things in portuguese, seeing my native tongue is portuguese. I have read some things of Pessoa, but I didn't got it very well. Maybe because I was younger when I first read it, but dosen't hurt to try again.
Sometimes I got the feeling that I don't connect very well to poetry because I dont realy "feel it", seeing that many times I heard that poetry is more about 'feels than story-telling.

I never read the latin poets, but I know a place in my college library that have a book full of poetry from the classicals to more folk stuff, I was being lazy to start reading, but seeing my interesest in poetry is bitting my butt again, I will make a effort to dont be a lazyass and read it (I just read some by now, in the library itself, and I quite liked it actualy).
I tryed chinese classics once, in the likes of Li-Bai for example, didnt realy hit me.
My poetry reading list isen't as interesting as my novel and theorical stuff list.
>>
>>9797417
The Kkeper of Shhep is his best tho. And it doesn't really lose much.
>>
>>9797320
Bruh you need Philip Larkin
>>
>>9797439
Pessoa has lots of different heteronyms and ortonyms, and lots of them are essentially different poets, with radically different writing styles, themes and ideology.
I think you should definitely check at least his most well known heteronyms to see if anything catches your attention.

>>9797446
Ode Triunfal is his best IMO.
I never read it in english though, so i can't really say anything there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.