[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recent purchases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

I don't see a recent purchases thread. I'll just post mine because it was buried under all the pol nonsense in the "rate the pol haul" thread. There should be a new thread anyways.

Here's what came in recently. There's a few things that came before this that I didn't add to the picture, but I figure I'll just post these.

The Folio Society Sound And The Fury is great, in that it has colored text that indicates different time frames in the book, which is apparently how Faulkner intended it, as he outright states himself in a quote. So I'm pretty excited about that.

The quality of these Folio books is impressive. The buckram covers feel very sturdy, and the pages are very thick. The only one I'm not happy with is the older 1980s folio society to the lighthouse (at least, I think it's 80s). I should have gone for the easton press to the lighthouse, that one seems much nicer. Other than that, everything is great.

Easton Press is amazing. It really comes down to whether or not there's a really good looking folio vs EP. Sometimes Easton Press looks better and vice versa. Easton Press feels so high quality, the pages are super thick (perhaps slightly thicker than folio society), and the gold guilt and thick covers with the soft leather just feels amazing to hold and look at.

I also got the new translation of EDEN EDEN EDEN from Vauxhall&Company. This edition is beautiful. It's a very sturdily bound book, with thick cardboard like paper as a dust cover for the paperback. I love it when publishers do this sort of stuff for their paperbacks.

Looking forward to reading all of these. I'm currently reading Lolita, that's been taking me a while. I'll try to get around to reading Dracula come Halloween time. I'll probably be "getting around" to reading the Odyssey and the Iliad for years. I would love nothing more than just to stop time and go into a trance with a big book like the Iliad, but I get anxious about spending half year reading a single book.

I'm also getting in a folio society "master and margarita" pretty soon.
>>
>>
>>9795228
You can read the Iliad in a week or two. It is not difficult to read, nor very long.

Did you just start reading?
>>
>>9795259
About a year and a half ago, reading seriously that is. I've finished about 14 books since, and plenty of other books I've read about 100 pages or so of and then put down, like blood meridian, moby dick, nausea, etc.
>>
>>
oh look, that pedophile book again...
**lolita**
>>
>>9795228
i have that FS edition of as i lay dying, i love it
>>
>>9795503
read proust first!
moncreiffgh
>>
File: No Country For Old Men.jpg (16KB, 236x353px) Image search: [Google]
No Country For Old Men.jpg
16KB, 236x353px
>>9795235
>>9795228
These covers are the literature equivalent of those shitty minimalist movie posters people started drawing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.