[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post interesting and unusual words apricity - the warmness of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Post interesting and unusual words

apricity - the warmness of the sun in winter
cynosure - something that attracts attention by its brilliancy or beauty; a centre of attraction, interest, or admiration
internecine - destructive to both sides in a conflict
>>
Ferruginous
1. Of, relating to, or containing iron (a ferruginous soil).
2. Resembling iron rust in color
>>
>impyling i'd ever divulge my /rare/ words
thing i would never do: the notion: the greentext. because, listen, i don't want to post a real juicy word here only to see some orgulous nimfadoro copping my shit
>>
>>9794562
Readers of Whitman and Melville are familiar with 'gloaming' for twilight. I like relatively simple words that have interesting (now) minor usages like 'buxom' for 'freely yielding' (as opposed to big-tittied) as when Milton's Satan hies him through the buxom air, etc. Ominous words like baleful, minatory and foreboding are less rare, but I like them. A Pyhrric Victory is what came to mind after reading your 'internecine,' made familiar from Plutarch. An odd word I have never had an occasion to use is eleemosynary (charitable) copt from the first few pages of Tom Jones.
>>
>>9794562
nonanopheline helicophile: bee that lives in abandoned snail-shells

Telson: the bulbous stinger part of a scorpion's tail

petrichor: the smell of wet earth after rain

Geosmin: the chemical that causes that smell

Iridal: rainbow-like
>>
niggardly
>>
>>9794562
>apricity

That sounds nice. I like that.
>>
>>9794562
Incarnadine: of a crimson or pinkish-red color. (From the Latin word 'carno', meaning flesh)
>>
>>9795249
>petrichor
thanks for this one. it often combines with the unmistakable smell of ozone after thunderstorms summers here on the mid-Atlantic coast of the U.S.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.