[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you even read Boethius yet? You insipid degenerates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ConfedofDunces.jpg (43KB, 315x499px) Image search: [Google]
ConfedofDunces.jpg
43KB, 315x499px
Have you even read Boethius yet? You insipid degenerates
>>
Will I, as a loser, fat, virgin, degenerate, talentless, humourless, retarded failure of a man enjoy confederacy of dunces?
Specifically will I be able to connect and see myself with the protagonist?
>>
>>9793497
Confederacy of Dunces is essentially just the first ever autist greentext.
>>
>>9793515
And it's masterful. All the plebs in my Southern Lit class hated it because he was "too gross." They were too wrapped up in Ignatius himself to see the brilliant satire of every major American value and institution.
>>
File: 1499148915965.jpg (540KB, 821x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499148915965.jpg
540KB, 821x1024px
>>9793491
bookmarked thanks
>>
>>9793497
It's unbelievable how similar Ignatius is to the average 4chan poster considering the time period it was written in. One user here described it in a way that stuck with me,
>Get me out of here, take me to any time and any place that isn't here.
The story of the novel is just as fascinating. John Kennedy Toole wrote this book and killed himself. His mother found it and bugged a professor of English at the University of Louisiana to publish it. The professor says he gets two kind of manuscripts, a novel that is clearly shit by its first paragraph and another that takes a complete read to figure out it sucks. He was mad that Confederacy was the latter. He finished it and reread it, recognizing on the second read that this work had significant literary merit. It won a Pulitzer.

It's just nice to know that there might be some anon toiling away on a bonafide masterpiece and none of us are the wiser.
>>
>>9793565
That professor's name... Walker Percy.

(And he taught at Loyola)
>>
>>9793583
Has anyone else read Percy? I read half of Last Gentleman but it seemed to really slow down and lose it's focus.
>>
>>9793583
Just got out my copy to read the foreword and realized I fucked up the University. I have no background with Southern lit or much of literature in general. All I can say is this book should be required reading for anybody on 4chan. People here have the most to gain from reading it.
>>
>>9793595
The Moviegoer is good. I plan on reading Love in the Ruins ASAP.
>>
>>9793610
Okay, I'll check it out. Him and Robert Penn Warren get swept under the rug a lot more than they deserve.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.