[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughs? Also suggestions for anyone who liked this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 71UKqqzd-VL.jpg (214KB, 1526x2342px) Image search: [Google]
71UKqqzd-VL.jpg
214KB, 1526x2342px
Thoughs?

Also suggestions for anyone who liked this?
>>
>>9789135
suck my dick bitch
>>
>>9789144
Liquid autism
>>
/audiobook/
>>
File: boog.jpg (113KB, 746x747px) Image search: [Google]
boog.jpg
113KB, 746x747px
>>9789135
>Guns, Germs, and Steel 2.0
>>
>>9789199
liquid autism all up in ya mouth biiitch
>>
>Israeli writes a book trying to convince everyone that all races are the same and everyone is equal while living in a settlement in occupied Palestine.

it's like they get more bold with this shit every year
>>
>>9789135
Shit, initially seemingly decent but much of it amounts to the author shilling his retarded, unfounded pet opinions. Some of which are interesting though don't really mean anything. What wasn't interesting was the romatisim of pre-agricultural humans, in turn degrading and ignoring our ancestor's obviously extremely harsh and short lives. Its anarcho-primitivist-tier shit. They should be executed for insulting those who died to put them in a position to be able to even read/write a book and insult the long-dead. I don't know about you but I don't appreciate my ancestors being used as petty ideological tools for retards who are so far removed from them in lifestyle and struggle, that they can't even grasp the basics of their lives. I wouldn't mind a suggestion of a return to some way of life analogous to the far-past, if it were a legitimate and educated one, not romantised trite.
>>
>>9789392
the guy lives on a jewish agricultural commune in what used to be palestine, so of course he's going to fetishize agricultural bullshit
>>
File: 66.jpg (53KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
66.jpg
53KB, 426x426px
>spends a third of the book trying to explain why we should all worship fiat currency

too Jewish even for me
>>
>>9789135
looks like they're trying to cash in on that "blink" book cover style
>>
>>9789398
He pretty clearly implies that agricultural people were probably the most miserable in history. Not only that, he does point out the short lifespans on ancient man.

Asking the question "are we really happier now?" doesn't seem unreasonable to me, and the book contains a lot of interesting philosophy (obviously mined from better thinkers, but he applies it well).

The shared myths thing is genuinely very interesting as well, and while he does point out that money helped the world advance (which and historian will tell you it did) that doesn't make him some sort of shill.
>>
>>9789449
What do you mean by blink?
>>
>>9790402
blink by Malcolm Gladwell, pop-economics but fun
>>
>>9790421
Oh I see.
>>
>>9789135
Homo Deus is a good companion book by the same author. Its about humanity's future instead of its origins, which i think is more interesting anyway
>>
I have this and the sequel sitting her for 4 months and havent read them yet
>>
i thought it was an awesome book, loads of factual, interesting information about how humans went from being like any other animal to what we are now. covers a bunch of interesting topics and whatnot

sequel on the other hand felt too memeish, moneygrab trying to play off the success of the first
>>
i forgot i had some anthropology lectures from this dude from hebrew university that were on coursera that i torrented. watched a few right now, now i don't agree with everything, but it does make me realized lit is spooked as fuck and has made me stupid over the last year or two, maybe five years ago i learned a lot and got some amazing meme books off lit but these days it's just so much stupid redpill shit, at least back in the day people who want to troll would just post ayn rand books and then a bunch of commies come out and attack it, now some redpill alt-right shithead posts some youtube e-celeb and then every just gets into racist mudslinging, alt-right frogbois are fucking degenerates and have made our culture decadent. i think harari is a little hyperbolic about the "singularity" and other "post-human" crap that he spends like 3 lectures on, and his vegan bullshit is not needed, "there are only 80,000 giraffes left" yeah but how many giraffes would there be without humans? without that number we can't really say if 80,000 is that bad, etc. but anyways, watching those lectures made me realize how shitty this site has become
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.