[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /lit/ ever listen to audiobooks? What are your favorites?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: the martian weir.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
the martian weir.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Does /lit/ ever listen to audiobooks? What are your favorites?
>>
Story Of Civilization by Will Durant read by Alexander Adams, it's an old books on tape version from like the 90s, the newer Audible versions are ok, but they have a different reader for each volume so it doesn't have the epic feel, that is possibly the comfiest audiobook of all time, the whole torrent is like 8 gigs and it can be found on any patrician tracker
>>
My job has me driving for like 60% of the time. I know only plebs listen to novels, thus what are acceptable audiobooks for patricians? I will continue reading during lunch, non-working time.
>>
The other thread on singers writing books reminded me of Nick Caves Bunny Monroe. He read it himself and provided some music and soundfx for the audiobook and his deadpan tone and dark prose made it funny AF.

Also, Michael Gira's Somniloquist or whatever it was called.

t. don't usually listen to audiobooks but these cracked me up.
>>
>>9789219
Nick Cave's Sick Bag was surprisingly fun to read, I'll have to check this out.
>>
John adams was a great listen. If you havent listened to homers works you're making a terrible mistake.

Horror is good too. Basically anything. I drive a lot so i listen to a lot. Probably 70% sff goodness though.
>>
>>9789082
>Audiobooks of Moby Dick where they make Nantucket Quaker voices
>Audiobooks of Don Quixote where DQ has a noble lisp and Sancho sounds like a squeaky mexican turd
>Audiobook of a very weirdly young Ian McKellen reading the Illiad

It's all in the voices the reader makes.
>>
>>9789082

I don't but I want to whenever I start my next job. Hopefully they allow headphones while I do my computer programming shit. I have such a backlog
>>
LibriVox is mostly crackly laptop-mic garbage, but the guy who reads The Iron Heel has this great gravelly northern-British voice. Pity he's only recorded the one book.
>>
>>9789082
I have the same edition of Paralell Lives and the audiobook. I'm planning on reading and listening along to practice my english. It's from audible i belive.
>>
>>9790879
dude, i was listening to the The Blackwell Companion to the Bible in English Literature the other day and it was bugging me out when they would have quotes of like middle english shit and the dude who normally has a very even slightly bland voice diligently reading away all the suddenly flips into some "oi, jesus christos where be me lucky chairms" im like dude, is that even english wtf just read it normal, can't nobody understand that shit
>>
>>9789082
I usually listen to audiobooks if only to speed up my reading. Going on YouTube and listening to an 8-hour 300+ page book, and pressing x2, I can guarantee that I will finish the book by that day as long as I hold my reading. It ensures that you'll read at a steady pace, and it's a good technique for wanting to clear books because both audio and visual senses are tapped into.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.