[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any books with this type of absurdism/surrealism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: dedli.jpg (8KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
dedli.jpg
8KB, 277x182px
any books with this type of absurdism/surrealism?
>>
idk senpai, kafka or some gay shit
you should stop bei g a fag dude and just read the bible
>>
>>9787345
The once and future king
vurt
>>
My diary desu
>>
File: IMG_0630.jpg (171KB, 930x642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0630.jpg
171KB, 930x642px
>>9787383
>the Bible

/thread
>>
C'mon /lit/, a crackpot psychic lady files a lawsuit claiming to be Dali's daughter. Jugde rules that Dali's body is to be exhumed, which was carried out two days ago.

>books with this type of absurdism/surrealism

Eco's lighter works spring to mind. Baudolino and Foucault's pendulum both contain a lot of absurd humor, based on crazy shit people actually believe(d), and especially Baudolino reaches surreal levels towards the end.

Some of Vonnegut's scifi has absurd elements. Particularly Sirens of Titan and Slapstick.

Flann O'Brien's first two books, At Swim Two Birds and The Third Policeman, are hilarious, absurd and surreal.
>>
>>9789022
sounds like a Cesar Aira plot
>>
>>9787345
Have you read Dali's books? He's an better writer than he was a painter. Start with The Secret Life of Salvador Dali or Diary of a Genius.
>>
>>9789230

>t. I have never actually looked at a Dali painting.
>>
>>9789237
I've been to the Dali Museum and own some original prints, he's technically brilliant, but his painterly aesthetic is shit. He intentionally pandered to plebs to get rich, and you fell for the meme, pleb.

Genius diarist/performance artist/critic though. His whole life was lived as a great work of art.
>>
>>9789022
>Flann O'Brien's first two books, At Swim Two Birds and The Third Policeman, are hilarious, absurd and surreal.
second this
>>9789230
>implying Dali wrote his books himself
Newsflash: he didn't. look into it and you'll see why.
>>
>>9789336
Is that a conspiracy theory? I don't see anything about him not writing either of the books I mentioned after searching online.

Wikipedia calls The Secret Life an autobiography, doesn't mention co-author or ghost author.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Salvador_Dal%C3%AD
>>
>>9789250
>Genius diarist/performance artist/critic though. His whole life was lived as a great work of art.
This.

On a side note, which one is better, /lit/, his early or late works?
>>
>>9789368
no conspiracy, your google fu is just deplorable. stop using wikipedia ffs.
also check the fine print in his books, he probably thanks his co-author.
>>
>>9789387
Just tell me who it is if you know, you lying jealous retard.
>>
>>9789425
French author Michel Déon, since you ask so politely.
>you're welcome
>>
>>9789438
So before he even published a short story he ghost wrote a 400 page autobiography of one of the most famous artists of all time and no one found out? Genius!
>>
>>9789468
Not very good at research, are we, summerfriend?
Dali's first draft was published in English, as I recall, in the US, he pals up with a French journalist and aspiring novelist to rework it into French, resulting in a completely rewritten French text (Dali's written French was an eccentric blend of Catalan and his own invention), which was then used as the source text for most other translations, including later English ones.
And that is what kickstarted the career of that particular French writer. They then went on to collaborate, in a slightly different way, on the second book.

Any further questions because your line of inquiry is growing tiresome?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.