[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Familiar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Is the Familiar worth reading?

House of Leaves was GOAT, but Only Revolutions was shite.

Should I commit to a 27-volume series about a cat?
>>
File: sad time lamb.png (206KB, 302x279px) Image search: [Google]
sad time lamb.png
206KB, 302x279px
> House of Leaves was GOAT

All I can say is try one volume and see if you like it. If so, continue with each volume until you dislike it. I really don't believe a 27-volume series would be consistent and all that enjoyable but I suppose I'm not part of Mark Z's demographic either.
>>
>>9786786
in search of lost time for people who thought american gods the tv show was profound
>>
>>9786786
i would not do it unless you literally have a shrine to mark in your basement

house of leaves was one-of-a-kind

also
>>9786815
>>
>>9786786
It has some great moments. As unsettling, unnerving, and fast paced like in HOL, but it has plenty of flaws. The quality of the art in terms of craft is not great, shit looks like it was made in powerpoint sometimes, other times it works really well. There's a lot of characters with different voices and styles which are done well, but MArkyMark had the genius idea of writing dialogue in slang which can be terrible. The first one is sort of a set up, it gets going in the second volume. Havent read the third yet.
>>
>>9786786
>Is the Familiar worth reading?
absolutely not. read half of the first volume and it was horrendous. all the worst aspects of House of Leaves (gimmicky Federman-lite concrete prose, cliche dialogue, gaudy visuals) amplified to the nth degree, across TWENTY SEVEN fucking volumes at $20 each ($540 total). won't be surprised if the publisher drops the project halfway through because i cant imagine many people except the most ardent Danielewski fanboys sticking with it
>>
File: IMG_9074.jpg (101KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9074.jpg
101KB, 600x517px
It's nowhere near finished. Who's up for another George RR Martin?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.