[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some asmr faggot made me read this shit It was boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: WoT01_TheEyeOfTheWorld.jpg (56KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
WoT01_TheEyeOfTheWorld.jpg
56KB, 309x475px
Some asmr faggot made me read this shit

It was boring
>>
>>9786726
What is an 'asmr faggot' and how did they make you read a book?
>>
>>9786759
This, I've always known asmr as those japanese ear licking videos.
>>
>>9786759
Dimitri, in one video he was tapping shit and one of the things he was tapping was the book and he mentioned how it was his favorite fantasy series ever
>>
I've read the first 4 books but just could'nt be bothered wading through his writing style.

He spends WAY too long describing EVERYTHING in a scene. He'll describe the type of stitching in a dress for 3 paragraphs.

The overarching plot is interesting but it just gets pushed aside by all the details
>>
>the heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own...
>>
>>9786799
I'm reading the first book right now, probably a third of a way through. Does it get more interesting. Everything you said so far seems true.
>>
>>9786726
for a second I mistook the cover for runelords
>>
>>9788139
expect more braid tugging and skirt smoothing and less and less happening until by book 9 nothing happens at all.
>>
File: 1499341476579.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499341476579.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
Post yfw Sanderson casually reveals Graendal killed Asmodean

Fuck you, dude. I spent so many hours of my childhood trying to solve that mystery
>>
File: wat_gabe.jpg (48KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wat_gabe.jpg
48KB, 200x200px
>>9786788
and he made you read the book by chaining you to a wall in the basement and you only got water if you'd finished a chapter? he held a fucking gun to your head?
>>
>>9786799
That's about how far i got too. There were some interesting concepts but I found I just couldn't care enough to slog on
>>
File: animegirlgun.jpg (33KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
animegirlgun.jpg
33KB, 600x564px
>>9788605
It wasn't even Sanderson. Jordan's fucking widow wanted to stick the tidbit in the glossary as a "lesson to always read the glossary."
No, fuck that. It was such a compelling mystery and Sanderson had a chance to take control of the spectacle and reveal the answer in the grand way. But he bungled the whole damned thing.
>>
The series does get better
>>
>>9789060
fuck off reddit

>>9786726
fuck off /r9k/
>>
Literal boringest ever. Would rather read LOTR or ASOIAF or Shannara or Dark Tower.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.