[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

early religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1098759482349.jpg (141KB, 556x767px) Image search: [Google]
1098759482349.jpg
141KB, 556x767px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Göbekli_Tepe

what are some good books on what we think the beliefs of people like the ones who built the above were. also, any good books on early human migration/pre-neolithic stuff? looking less for someone guessing at this and that, and more for someone saying "this is what we know, this is what we don't, here is what it could've been, here is what it couldn't have been, etc."
>>
>>9785657
bugs.. easy on the carrots
>>
>>9785657
>>9785657
Maybe a bit too abstract but Cassirer's Language and Myth is very good
>>
erich von denicken
>>
>>9785660
I've been meaning to read Cassirer, but I keep on forgetting him and never get around to it. Can you give me a rundown? And how readable is he; a lot of guys from that generation were super fucking dense. More towards Freud or more towards Husserl?
>>
File: pid_2717.jpg (211KB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pid_2717.jpg
211KB, 760x1200px
Pic related is probably too speculative for OP, but is an interesting book regardless.
>>
>>9785670
does anyone actually read husserl? i keep putting it off.

>>9785674
looks interesting—i didn't mean to give the impression i'm not interested in the speculative stuff, just sometimes it can be difficult to tell the difference with something like >>9785661

i'd love to read them, knowing what is and is not raw opinion—if their interpretation of symbols they build their arguments with is completely unique, etc.

>>9785660
this looks good
>>
File: Bugs...EasyOnTheCarrots.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs...EasyOnTheCarrots.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>9785658
came here to post this
>>
>>9787076
this is getting so wacky!
>>
>>9785658
>>9787076
I don't get this meme.
>>
>>9787195
You must be new here. As in you just showed up in the past few hours.
>>
i just saw this yesterday
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5LCLljJho

the entire wikipedia page on the guy talking about the city reads like he's really trolled some scientists over the years, especially now his missing link has appeared.
>>
>>9785657
It was an Indo-European site so look into the Indo-Europeans and the Proto-Indo-Europeans.
>>
>>9785657
The best book from the practitioner's standpoint is Kenneth Grant's Cults of the Shadow. It wont make much sense to a non-magician, but might still be worth looking at.
>>
>>9785657
It doesn't cover religion, but John Zerzan's Origins explores prehistoric ways of living.
>>
>>9788565
This, and some of the best work on these matters was done in the first half of last century. Unfortunately, in the jewish era, it has become taboo to for whites to explore their ancient history. Graham Hancock is also a good place to start.
>>
Police officer... Easy on the large amounts of fast food that you intake. The joke is that the police officer eats a lot of food, and he's fat because he eats badly. More than two-thirds (68.8 percent) of adults are considered to be overweight or obese.Look at the image that shows the US obesity rates from 1960 to 2004. This is a huge problem because even police officers are obese, because how can we expect our cops to perform their duties at an acceptable level when they're going to be out of breath, on their knees after a few seconds of running? We need to address this issue now or else there's going to be major consequences for the American people. Hitler wouldn't've let this happen.
>>
>>9788669
>>9788561
you guys like graham hancock...?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.