[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are Greg Sadler's critical thinking videos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

https://www.youtube.com/user/reasoniocritthinking

I've been looking for good critical thinking resources, has anyone gone through these?
>>
>>9784676
I just can't take fatties seriously.
>>
Are there any good books then? :P
>>
>>9784676
They're okay I guess, I certainly admire the effort. I watched a number of his Heidegger videos. I had high hopes because he goes through the text (not line by line) as he lectures. Ultimately I wasn't really convinced he had the ability to paraphrase Heidegger's thought helpfully, just felt like he was reading it for you.

Also, I went through the comments to see if people had already asked certain questions I had, and he seems to get hostile pretty quick unless someone is simply saying "Wow, great vid! Thanks!"

He might be better in other areas.
>>
>>9785629
Who's good at Heidegger?
>>
>>9785641
On youtube? Maybe nobody.

My old prof was really, really, good. So I do think I have a sense of what it is like to be taught Heidegger well, not that I was a brilliant student.
>>
>>9785641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETiFrJOD9Pg
>>
>>9785000
>I just can't take fatties seriously.
but he looks tall, that compensates a bit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS8vfA_ckeuafZeDlMfDKDVuwtK92pcHu
>>
>>9784676
They're shit. Just read Creative & Critical Thinking by W. Edgar Moore. If you don't want to search for that autodidact general thread that had the Dropbox with sample text, then libgen The Art of Reasoning by David Kelley.
>>
>>9784676
>I've been looking for good critical thinking resources, has anyone gone through these?
Yes, they're superficial videos about informal fallacy spotting that don't touch on application in context whatsoever, which is where the real meat lies if you want to improve your critical thinking skills.

>everyone trusts that this person is saying the truth, I will trust them too
>appeal to popularity!
>good repute is an acceptable heuristic for trusting a man as long as compelling evidence to the contrary is lacking
>appeal to ignorance!
>I'm not arguing it is *true* that the man is to be trusted, it is simply a more sensible choice than not to trust him in this situation
>false dilemma!
>Playing skeptic and withdrawing from the social and moral responsibility to make decisions and pick camps is worse than picking the plausible side by orders of magnitude. It's autistic and immature and I'm glad that you only make up a fringe group or there would be no first world
>Oh my God did you just AD HOMINEM me? Still a false dilemma!
>Since you don't disagree with my assessment, allow me to end this discussion right here. I can make better use of my time and nerves than speaking to an autist.
>ADMITTING DEFEAT SO SOON EH? GOODBYE!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.