[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favourite pslam in Bible?? Mine is pslam 23,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images (16).jpg (33KB, 447x329px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
33KB, 447x329px
What is your favourite pslam in Bible??
Mine is pslam 23,
>>
Probably 19. Honourable mentions to 31, 51, 71, 90, 93, 102, 111, 114, 115, 121, 129 and 137
>>
>>9783244
Richard Crashaw's paraphrase of Psalm 23 is great too
>>
I don't know any offhand. I never found them very interesting.
>>
Psalm 88
>>
>random capitalizations of LORD in the KJV

why did they mean by this?
>>
Psalm 82. God calls a meeting with the other gods just to talk smack to them

>God has taken his place in the divine council;
>in the midst of the gods he holds judgement:
>‘How long will you judge unjustly
>and show partiality to the wicked?
>Give justice to the weak and the orphan;
>maintain the right of the lowly and the destitute.
>Rescue the weak and the needy;
>deliver them from the hand of the wicked.’
>They have neither knowledge nor understanding,
>they walk around in darkness;
>all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
>I say, ‘You are gods,
>children of the Most High, all of you;
>nevertheless, you shall die like mortals,
>and fall like any prince.’
>Rise up, O God, judge the earth;
>for all the nations belong to you!
>>
>>9783322
It's in all bibles. It represents YHWH, god's personal name.
>>
>>9783336
>>God has taken his place in the divine council;
>>in the midst of the gods he holds judgement:

wait what? there's other gods? when did this happen?
>>
>>9783343
Listen to some lectures by Michael Heiser for a Christian perspective on the polytheistic portions of the Bible. Old rabbinical texts can give the Jewish understanding of them
>>
>>9783343
I think they're often explained as being fallen angels in positions of power rather than beings on a level with God.
>>
>>9783293
19 is one of my favorites as well. I'm not sure which is my favorite. I'll have to think about it more.

>>9783343
They aren't actually gods in the sense that God is. However, to man, who worships them, they are as gods. Angelic beings are far beyond the power of man - by himself. In Scripture, a single angel slays 186,000 soldiers in one night (if memory serves). When Daniel sees Gabriel (if memory serves) he falls down to worship. To men, angelic beings are like gods. In fact, these angelic beings act as ruling powers over nations and territories - truly acting as gods over the areas of their dominion. Similarly, Satan is referred to as the god of this world, from which we can infer he is likewise ruler of these other celestial powers - powers which contend with holy angels in service to the Lord.

Even humanity is referred to as gods in Scripture. This is in reference to what Adam was intended to be, and what Christians are through Christ.

However, there is only one God - in the truest sense.
>>
>>9783343
It's not true in the theological sense, "Psalms" means "songs", written by King David. They're all lyrics to his songs, he was speaking figuratively. That "divine council" didn't actually happen, he was just animating the gods of neighboring cultures figuratively. That's why the last stanza breaks the narrative
>>
>>9783244
1-5, 110, and the cycle that corresponds to the letters of the Hebrew alphabet. The book's full of surprises, perhaps my favorite.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.