[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the wind-up bird?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wubc.jpg (133KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wubc.jpg
133KB, 682x1024px
What was the wind-up bird?
>>
the friends we made along the way
>>
Attack ship on fire off the hand of Orion.
>>
It was rape
>>
>>9783192

A set of stories across different times that was brought together on the basis of the symbols used in each:

the baseball bat
the wind-up bird

I have no idea what the fuck it means though, just as I don't with his other books that I've read (1q84, for example). But hey, its surrealism, isn't it?
>>
>>9783665
Windup is a baseball term having to do with pitching the ball. Maybe there's some kind of metaphor in there where the bird represents a "pitcher" and the bat represents a "batter". Maybe something about changing one's fate. Or its all just gobbledygook.
>>
>>9783910
Nah, it's windup like a mechanical toy, murakami's always on about winding his spring etc. Spot on about the gobbeldy gook, tho.
>>
does it worth reading lads?
>>
>>9783525
Bravo, Murakami.

>>9783192
The bird that winds the world. Spoiler: It doesn't fucking matter that it's a bird.
>>
>>9784068
Yes. Kafka and Wind-Up Bird are his best novels, in my opinion. I don't think Murakami's writing is particularly impactful, but it's entertaining.
>>
>>9784081
seconding this
Started with Colorless which was alot of nothing with barely any gain( which I get it, I get that the whole book is about holding on and looking for closure and how we usually never get it completely or that its never what we build it up to be. We didnt need that much set up for that explanation.)

But a friend told me to read Kafka and then Windup which are really great
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.