[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freedom vs equality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: idi tovarish v kolhoz.jpg (19KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
idi tovarish v kolhoz.jpg
19KB, 250x375px
At their extremes, are freedom and equality mutually exclusive?
>>
>>9781278
Absolute freedom is state of nature anarchy,

Absolute equality is a nihilist dystopia.
>>
You need to define your terms before I'll think about this.
>>
>>9781493
This.
Generally speaking, it's freedom and love that are diametrically opposed because they often refute one another.
equality is not mutually exclusive with either
>>
>>9781278
Yes.

The extreme of equality is that 1 thing in a perfectly alike state to another thing.

Freedom means that the two things can progress along any path they want.

If they make different choices, they are not longer in identical states, and if they always have to make the same choice, they are not free.

This is not specific to humans.
>>
Freedom and equality are both overrated.
>>
>>9782680
this
>freedom
a romantic ideal and nothing more. most men never care to expend the meagre freedoms they are given, and fewer are capable.
>equality
no matter someone's position in life as long as they are not destitute they experience pretty much the same amount of relative happiness/sadness. one gets used to one's standing.

all that really matters in life is the relationships you have and the love you can feel.
>>
>>9782692
I would have to agree with you for the most part. It's a shame most of these ideas are still promoted to their extreme and more nonsensical conclusions by many today.
>>
>>9781278
don't forget fraternity. we need that too. it's about time to finish the work of '93.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.