[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I have begun writing a very well planned horror/drama novel recently. I have planned it to be very deep and decided to explore important social issues along the lines of mental illness and domestic abuse. I need some help from people who know literature better than myself.
>>
oh
>>
a couple new tooters for your meth
>>
I thought this board would have the most intellectual people on 4chan
>>
File: MEATYWHACK.jpg (43KB, 444x500px) Image search: [Google]
MEATYWHACK.jpg
43KB, 444x500px
Kounavi#7544
add me
>>
>>9778857
Gonna resist the urge not to meme and actually adress you, OP.
You're asking for help in far too broad a way for an anonymous board to deal with. Ask specific questions and you'll probably be able to find a few anons willing to pitch in & help.

Cheers, bud.
>>
Help on what exactly?
>>
>>9779094
Ways to connect to the reader more dramaticly. As i stated: ive added in issues like mental illnesses and domestic abuse. Most people have not delt with these problems personally so im not sure how to make readers feel for my characters
>>
>>9779107
The short anawer is using beta readers to make sure your work is accessible and/or evocative.
Let your audience transfer onto the characters - project so they see shades of themselves or people they love in your fiction - and they'll have no problem connecting with what you're trying to get across even though they've never experienced anything like it themselves.
>>
>>9779200
This is helpful. Thanks for this. Im only around 60 pages in but im thinking that i should get some people to read it for me and give their opinions
>>
>>9779222
Glad I could help. If you're anything like me that little bit of accountability you get from having readers while you draft will help you stay the course till you actually finish the story. Before I started having my friends read my rough draft I was caught in such a self-defeating cycle of editing, tinkering, and then deleting everything that I'd never have made it as far as I have now.

Best of luck, anon. Hope you share with us as yoy progress.
>>
>>9779249
I know what you mean about the editing and tinkering. I have been stuck in one part of the story for so long. Unable to progress so i just go back to what i have already written and edit to fill time. Its a bad habit that i need to break
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.