[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White Nights Dostoyevsky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 4518919.jpg (34KB, 260x391px) Image search: [Google]
4518919.jpg
34KB, 260x391px
[Spoiler]My god, a moment of bliss. Why, isn't that enough for a lifetime?[/spoiler]

What did he mean by this? But seriously this part made me shed a couple tears, that entire last part.

Was he actually content? He seemed ultra depressed after he got friendzoned

So I have Crime and Punishment read, Brothers Karamazov, and White Nights. Brothers Karamazov ending also made me sad, like extremely sad.

Where should I read next? This book with white nights also has Notes From Underground as its main story. I have Demons as well. Demons is hard for me to get into though because of all the names. The hardest one by far.
>>
>>9777845
Fucking hell. I didnt know capitalization messed up the spoiler tag. Sorry everyone.
>>
He had a cuck fetish
>>
>>9777880
So it worked out well for him? Did he become a lodger of the couple and rent out their cuck shed?
>>
Never heard of White Nights before. Just finished Crime and Punishment a few hours ago, and the last ~75 pages were a hell of a read. Was not expecting Svidrigailov to shoot himself. The nightmares he was having the night before had me thinking for a while.

May I ask why you're reading exclusively Dosto? I'm gonna attempt Joyce's Ulysses and Norretrander's The User Illusion next.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170719-160843.jpg (330KB, 682x435px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-160843.jpg
330KB, 682x435px
>>9777926
Yeah that was a good book. I liked that fever dream he had. Pic related.

Also I just am sort of like that. I want to read all the stuff I ordered by him then I'm gonna move onto Faulkner.
>>
>>9777926
Also White Nights is a short story. You can read it in about an hour if you were to read uninterrupted.
>>
>>9778045
Christ. That excerpt. That's vision right there. Fucking Dostoevsky.
>>
>>9778076
It really rings true today. Dunno if he meant it about sjw mentality or radicalism in general, including right wing. But I'm guessing since it was before the communist revolution he was talking about extreme leftism. But it applies to both sides of the spectrum today. Maybe the social media mentality.
>>
>>9777845
>Where should I read next?
you can read the gambler in a few hours. is just light reading for dostoyevsky but i love it and that book has the best girl

otherwise you can read The Idiot which is great, it's about how a pure of heart retard affects a community.

then there's The Raw Youth is not as good as any other Dostoyevsky i'd say, but also enjoyable
>>
>>9778101
Good suggestions, I forgot all about The Idiot. I need to order that one.

What about demons? It has a reputation for being dark which appealed to me because I like that sort of atmosphere. But the god damned russian names are killing me there. You ever read that one and did you have that issues? Not even brothers karamazov was that bad. Its like the words bounce off my face and Im not absorbing anything im reading.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.