[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How To Repair Books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161114_224252.jpg (1MB, 1944x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161114_224252.jpg
1MB, 1944x1944px
My poor 1902 copy of The Little White Bird is falling apart
>>
>>9777382
depends of what is 'falling apart'. maybe if you specify and post pictures of what is fucked (spine, loose pages, etc) someone may be able to help. also there are stores that fix books.
>>
>>9777382
There are probably places where you can get it rebound online
>>
try to keep those pesky meth heads out of your house

fucking degenerates
>>
Thank you all for the tips. Also...how did you know about the meth heads? Now...now I'm paranoid.
>>
>>9777382
If there's a good used book shop in your neighborhood the owner probably knows more than a few binders. Also I believe there's a Dover diy bookbinding book!
>>
>>9778838
>>9779115
What are these meth head posts?
>>
>>9777382
1: slice the spine off with a razor blade.

2: remove front and back covers.

3: slice through the stitching holding the pages together

4: pull each page out and scan both sides

5: run each page through OCR and dump the results into a text file

6: CORRECT THE OCR ERRORS. most people miss this. ideally the text should flow as it did in the book.

7: convert to .epub using Calibre

8: burn the remains and use that to cook a tin of beans. eat beans, read epub.
>>
File: hugh-grant.jpg (47KB, 746x463px) Image search: [Google]
hugh-grant.jpg
47KB, 746x463px
>>9779897
I am...in AWE of your *blinks rapidly* your brilliant suggestion. I shall immediately begin dissection of this tome and have thing sorted out within a fortnight. *blinks rapidly* Good Lord, I am ever so humbled.
>>
File: Grant.jpg (12KB, 236x351px) Image search: [Google]
Grant.jpg
12KB, 236x351px
>>9780238
Bewildered awe. Bewildered awe.
>>
>>9779263
STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT METH HEADS
>>
>>9777382
Search for book binders in the general area. (and then some, it's a dying trade.) If there's a university nearby, there'll be a binders where students get their theses bound. Even if they don't do fine bindings, they should at least be able to fix up or replace the covers with a decent buckram one which should last a while and look not too shabby. There may also be some amateurs around, see if there are hobby groups or craft fair around by checking online or with local bookshops (not chainstores, independent places), they ought to know.

Failing that, try online but it may be more hassle than it's worth. see about replacing the book, try bookfinder, ebay and a thorough google search, that ought to cover your bases.
>>
>>9780265
Thank you. I just hate to be the very last person to own this book that's been alive since 1902. I was hoping to have the broken spine fixed and original cover sewn back in place.
>>
>>9780250
we need to cook.
>>
>>9777382
go to a restaurateur. if it's important to you for monetary reasons or for authenticity, then don't fuck around with it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.