[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth adding my my philosophy queue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Is this worth adding my my philosophy queue?
>>
>>9776635
No.
Whachu on right now? I'm making my way through the massive autism of the Critique of Pure Reason.
>>
>>9776642
Well I'm just getting into Jerusalem by Alan Moore at the moment, but then I'm going to work through some of the classics. Homer, Aristotle, Plato, Sophocles, Machiavelli, Calvin, Paine, Aurelius, Hume, Kant, Shopenhauer, Nietzsche...

Fortunately a lot of them are public domain so the audiobooks are free on YouTube. Makes it more digestible when you can listen anywhere.
>>
No, I have it and it's a bad book. Honestly embarrassing to even own, not because of the title, but if anyone saw it who knew about how bad the contents were.
>>
>>9776635
Holy fuck, is this a joke?

Read David K. Lewis -- "Philosophical Papers: Volume I", "Philosophical Papers: Volume II", "Papers in Philosophical Logic: Volume 1", "Papers in Metaphysics and Epistemology: Volume 2", etc.

Do I need to literally hand-feed you Gerber pureed carrots?

Fucks sake.
>>
>>9776681
That's really uncalled for.
>>
>>9776681
Advanced shilling.
>>
>>9776686
Sorry, it was indeed a low blow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRCWbFFRpnY
>>
>>9776668
As in...?
>>
It's Nietzsche mixed with the occult

It's a short read so why not
>>
>>9776681
>im a first year grad student and my mind was blown by concrete possible worlds.

get fukt and die.
>>
>>9776974
Not even close, noob.
>>
>>9776635
it's shitty philosophy and shitty occultism. LaVey is an interesting figure and he sure was charismatic, so you can read him if you are interested in his figure but there's no value beyond that.
>>
>>9776635
>>9777210
also i always found the criticism of christians he does at the beginning really weird. he criticizes them for going to church and later going to the whore house, so for being hypocrites. then he preaches the enjoyment of the carnal pleasures and all that shit.

but the christians from the beginning already enjoyed all the carnal pleasures when they went to the whore houses, and also had happy christian family lifes. so from their point of view turning satanic would just make their life partially more miserable which makes no sense from a satanic point of view.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.