[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poetry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1485842316874.png (1MB, 826x738px) Image search: [Google]
1485842316874.png
1MB, 826x738px
Interested in some of the finer sides of poetry and keen to see people opinions of poetry (Love it or hate it) and some opinions of particular aspects of poetry

Post poems, favorite poets, hated poets. Favourite genre etc.
>>
peotry is pretty broad my dude. My favourite poets are John Forbes and Dorothy Porter (who are both Australian, I'm not sure if they are known overseas, Porter possibly is).

This is a poem by another well known Australian poet I like:
https://www.poetrylibrary.edu.au/poets/murray-les/the-mitchells-0560074
>>
>>9776564
Naturally poetry is pretty broad. Hence the need for a thread

I'm Australian as well. Interesting to see how this country fairs quite poorly with fiction but punches well above its weight with poetry
>>
>>9776564
I do like it. Appreciate the aussieness of it. However I can't appreciate it that well nor do I think many others, regardless of whether you think this country is filled with too many wogs or not. So many people, myself included are first generation of British working class, more tied to the English than any Australians

Anyway, potentially because of this I'm a bigger fan of romantic era poets, especially becAuse of their use of meter
>>
File: 4.gif (3MB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
3MB, 316x316px
Poetry is the pinnacle of language, Prose poetry (Arabic) is the pinnacle of poetry. Buy my books please (buy 2 get the novella for free)
I'm my favorite poet, Your mom is my favorite genre.
>>
>>9776604
>Naturally poetry is pretty broad. Hence the need for a thread
Poetry is one third of literature and this is the literature board. It's like if you made a thread titled "novels". You should think of something more specific to talk about. Like why the fuck do people still use rhymes?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.