[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reasons Nonreaders Don't Read.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

why?
>>
>>9776290
Video games, movies, anime, TV and any other forms of entertainment douse the flames of boredom once they get home from their jobs/school.
>>
>>9776290
The reason I didn't before about 20 was because I assumed it was just escapism and that I had no more to gain from it than watching a long movie.
>>
A lot of people don't like to mentally focus/reflect on their entertainment. (Admittedly it sounds like a dichotomy to require high amounts of mental energy for finding distraction.)Thats why arthouse movies, complex music or any proactive artistic activities are not that common.
Reading has a far higher entry level mental commitement than other media, and for serious literature you need to come over the idea that media consumption is for distraction and start to find intellectual joy in its studying. Now count the amount of people around you that find true joy in stuying (anything), it's frighteningly low.
>>
Movies and tv make a better atmosphere. I just got into reading at 25 after digging philosophy.
>>
>>9776290
Too busy shitposting on /lit/.
>>
>He thinks reading makes him special
>lacks basic critical thinking
>>
>>9776317

This. People don't feel the need to add extra stress to their lives and/or feel that they have other things they should be concentrating on instead (ie jobs/college/school). Which I understand because I can go through bouts where I don't read for months.

It's why reading as a kid is so important. If you don't have that early childhood experience that defines reading as an enjoyable activity then it's very hard to develop it later in life. Much like any new attitude really. I'd wager most people love all of these >>9776295 because they enjoyed them as kids.
>>
>>9776290
I used to devour books as a kid; literally all I did was read. Now I'm an adult and I don't read as many books. Though I've considered the possibility that I read just as much if not more thanks to my time spent on the internet; something I didn't have as easy access to as a kid.

That being said, I think people are used to instant gratification. And if they don't get that, they don't care.
>>
>>9776290
bcuz we r smiple smater my fren
>>
>>9776295
They would only read for the plot and there are other mediums which makes a better job at hooking you.
>>
I started to read when I realized that the local public library had thousands of books which I was free to pick up and read, I felt like a fucking moron for wasting that possibility for so much time
>>
>>9776290
Too busy with Instagram
>>
>>9776290

Basically, I developed a taste for "serious literature" while I was still in college. However now I have a mentally exhausting programming job and often don't have the fortitude to read in my free time. I also can't stomach pleb shit, so I only read when my schedule is not insane.
>>
>>9776290
I feel like I can never get comfortable and like I'm always putting strain on my neck. I wished I liked to read more but I don't :(
>>
4chan makes people have a shorter attention span.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.