[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the most unenjoyable book you have ever read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Hemingway-FarewellToArms[1].jpg (56KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hemingway-FarewellToArms[1].jpg
56KB, 334x500px
God this fucking book was a slog, I cannot fathom why it's so fucking revered, I have never read a book more grating and arduous to get through
>>
>>9775932
:(
>>
It has a war in it.

That's enough for me.
>>
>>9775932
agree
>MUH WINE
>>
The Iliad.

>here's a list of every ship that came to the Trojan war
>here's a list of all Troy's allies
>introduce a character with a page, whomever is on God mode at the time kills them on the next page, repeat for multiple chapters
>the weird as fuck sports chapter

The ending was good though.
>>
>>9775932
Wow I just started reading this yesterday. 19 chapters in. Is it that bad?

For perspective, I've only read The Old Man and the Sea, and that was pretty good.
>>
File: shit book.jpg (145KB, 1200x1417px) Image search: [Google]
shit book.jpg
145KB, 1200x1417px
what a shit book
>>
>>9775952
Agreed. It took me a month to read that shit and I don't even remember one thing.
>>
>>9775932
That was the point tho m8, the mundanity of war is a central theme in all of Hemingway's war-related works.
>>
>>9776334
You remember that sickass shield.
>>
As a kid I read through most of the Left Behind series because I wanted to read about sick ass Demons killing heathens. I stopped around book seven when the Anti-christ was hanging out in a plane somewhere while the world went unburned.

1/10.
>>
>>9776351
So the point of the book is large parts of it being terrible?
Not op but I'm almost done with it and every chapter involving Catherine is a fucking pain to read. It's just boring and uninteresting
>I love you
>I love you too dear

Repeated for whole fucking chapters. Like what the fuck
>>
Stephen King's IT
1200 Pages of shit, no idea what the appeal of him is
>>
Agreed. Reading this book has put me off Hemingway forever. An absolute drag and while I think I get the points he's trying to make, the time and effort is just not worth it.
>>
>>9776025
this is truly the shittiest book of all time
>>
its fucking easy to read. And its brilliant...
>>
>>9775952
The Odyssey was a lot more memorable.
>>
>>9775952
>Whomever

don't use this word if you don't know how.
>>
>>9775952
pleb

>>9776334
pleb

>>9776357
pleb

>>9776702
pleb
>>
>>9775932
For whom the bell tolls is so much worse though
>>
The Poisonwood Bible
Feminist, liberal trash.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.